Kiwi defender Reid joins West Ham

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
West Ham sign New Zealand international defender Winston Reid on a three-year deal.

More...

Is this the 'big' name signing Sullivan and Gould were promising...

He had a good world cup with New Zealand even scoring :) I think it is a risk for West Ham though he will either be a hit or miss but I wish him the best of luck.

So West Ham sign another CB, already signed Tal Ben Haim .

Can't say I've heard of the lad.

How much did they buy him for? He looks good, is 6ft 3 and played well for the all whites but has never played against really good teams before. He has 10 years of a career at the top left so if he succeeds they will be dancing around the room cheering but if he flops they are left with Upson and nobody else decent.

Can't say I've heard of the lad.

Seconded. I enjoy these signings though as they can either prove to be hidden talents, hidden flops or unpredictable every week.

Decent signing for us. Needed another signing due to ben haim's fitness and tomkins shitness :D. Need a striker, Remy looks a good player and even though he is in talks with stoke, he is in talks with two other clubs and discussions are ongoing :D

love how we are linked with beckham, remy and ronaldinho then we sign ..... winston reid :S

at least i have heard of him which is more than can be said for that irseali full back we signed, i think he could be a good signing as he had a good world cup, but agree with jbolas that it could go either way.

Not really, it looks as if they won't get Remy but they have Cole, Diamanti, McCarthy, Piquionne, Barerra, Hines, Sears, Nouble etc

Admittedly I forgot they had signed Piquionne, but other than Cole and Diamanti at times, the rest wouldn't fill me with confidence.

I think they need a 4th decent striker.

Admittedly I forgot they had signed Piquionne, but other than Cole and Diamanti at times, the rest wouldn't fill me with confidence.

I think they need a 4th decent striker.

If I was them I would try and sign Crouch. ;)

If I was them I would try and sign Crouch. ;)
Prefer to have Keane as 'arry is willing to sell him for 6milish to buy Bellamy and wages usually arent that important to west ham i.e. giving dyer about 60k to sit in at home injured

I though Dyer is fit now?
Dyer will never be 'fit' tbh, seems these days if he falls over he immediately nearly dies and needs an operation, far to injury prone.

Looks like a decent young defender to me. Surely wouldnt of cost that much either..

love how we are linked with beckham, remy and ronaldinho then we sign ..... winston reid :S

at least i have heard of him which is more than can be said for that irseali full back we signed, i think he could be a good signing as he had a good world cup, but agree with jbolas that it could go either way.

youve never heard of tal ben haim?
played for bolton=3 seasons
chelsea=1
man city=1
and sunderland 1 year loan

Back