Knap's FM20 Tactics vol 3

Knap's FM20 Tactics vol 3 v3

• Thread starter Deleted member 91052
  • Start date
  • Replies 40
  • Views 30K
How do I know which one suits my team the better/which one you had better results with?
Sorry, still getting used to this forum changes.

Hi guys.. the best tactics with Underdogs?

Thanks. I'll test Mass Attack Imperator with Sassuolo in Serie A.
Looks great in defence stat (Less GA on the fixture)

Testing SympathyfortheDevil mit Westham - great Results - great Gameplay - Really Fun!

Hey mate, are you gonna release a new version of the 4-2-3-1?

The new patch has made the game utterly frustrating to play. My striker barely scores and I barely win no matter the tactic. I have tried everything with Portsmouth

The new patch has made the game utterly frustrating to play. My striker barely scores and I barely win no matter the tactic. I have tried everything with Portsmouth
Even though knap said he developed some tactics for the patch the effectiveness of even the newest tactics supposedly geared for the patch is mediocre.
You can see results on fmarena ( the tests done on fm-base aren't really relevant , they hardly show the effectiveness of a tactic , I believe fmarena uses far more accurate testing methods).

Same here - If I play with wingers and strikers they get 6.4 or less ratings, maybe 1 in 10 they get a decent rating.Ratings as a whole are constantly low. Strikers, I have 4 in 32, 2 in 30 and 1 in 28. At conference level I have a striker who has scored 20 in 30 but he is an anomaly. Really weird too because he is awful. I mainly score from set plays.

Im constantly getting done with balls over the top, even if I sit with a low defensive line.

Really dont understand this one. It was fine before the latest update for me.

The new patch is rediculous. Tried 9 different tactics, in 2 matches I've played against 10 players - in both of these matches, i had around 20 shots on goal, NONE scored. No matter what, strikers just get 5 meters in front of the goal and then shoot the ball to any possible direction insted of getting it in.

Knaps sympathy for the devil is working well for me with my Juve save in new update. Top players, but both Ronaldo and Dybala have 40+ goals seasons.

Argus 3-5-2 wtf.

Attachments

• fm 2019-12-11 18-49-18-88.jpg
    fm 2019-12-11 18-49-18-88.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 1,248
  • fm 2019-12-11 18-49-53-21.jpg
    fm 2019-12-11 18-49-53-21.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 1,212
Knaps sympathy for the devil is working well for me with my Juve save in new update. Top players, but both Ronaldo and Dybala have 40+ goals seasons.
On your..Juve save.. dude come on :eek: won the cl btw?if not i don't have time to hear anythang else more
Before soon there would be ppl coming and its going "pretty good on their barca save messi scored some goals and finished 3rd".

Last edited:
Even though knap said he developed some tactics for the patch the effectiveness of even the newest tactics supposedly geared for the patch is mediocre.
You can see results on fmarena ( the tests done on fm-base aren't really relevant , they hardly show the effectiveness of a tactic , I believe fmarena uses far more accurate testing methods).
Not sure what you mean? Both are done differently and while there's a case to be argued for both, I'd probably say FM-Bases is a bit more effective. TFF's Hot Tub mostly uses a difference in reputation but the team stays the same. This can actually lead to the underdog outperforming the top club which in that test would be counter/defensive tactics work best.

Here's an example:
1576092579520.png
FM Base do it differently, two teams with two different CAs for underdog and subtop. Going against the best in the world to see the outcome over a long prolonged period. Though we appreciate it can still be improved and thus actually have a post on the SI Forums asking about it, and you can ofcourse use the one here for providing feedback on the tactical tests.

As for tactics working this patch, I can personally say 352s and 442s (ideally with DMs) seem to be working a treat. I'm also personally using the 4231 Shaolin tactic with good success.

As for tactics Knap has made, people across the board have had huge success with them! In particular;
WULF 4132
SYMPATHY 4222
TEQUILA SUNRISE

Being the top 3 tactics Knap recommends.

Not sure what you mean? Both are done differently and while there's a case to be argued for both, I'd probably say FM-Bases is a bit more effective. TFF's Hot Tub mostly uses a difference in reputation but the team stays the same. This can actually lead to the underdog outperforming the top club which in that test would be counter/defensive tactics work best.

Here's an example: FM Base do it differently, two teams with two different CAs for underdog and subtop. Going against the best in the world to see the outcome over a long prolonged period. Though we appreciate it can still be improved and thus actually have a post on the SI Forums asking about it, and you can ofcourse use the one here for providing feedback on the tactical tests.

As for tactics working this patch, I can personally say 352s and 442s (ideally with DMs) seem to be working a treat. I'm also personally using the 4231 Shaolin tactic with good success.

As for tactics Knap has made, people across the board have had huge success with them! In particular;
WULF 4132
SYMPATHY 4222
TEQUILA SUNRISE

Being the top 3 tactics Knap recommends.

Lad perhaps our definitions of "success" are different..?
I personally haven't heard of too many people writing here about winning anything , any kind of trophies using the latest knapp tactics..
As far as the 3-5-2 , did you not see the lad's screenshot who tried this tactic and he was near relegation zone? Granted the team isn't the greatest but there's no way that with his form that tactic is doing any kind of wonders.

As far as the testing methods , lets agree to disagree but surely in the past experience if a tactic works right people mention about it's success and I haven't heard too much of that mentioned here , but instead I hear about people like bonio , EK , etc and I am sure they all tried the recent knapp tactics.

Lad perhaps our definitions of "success" are different..?
I personally haven't heard of too many people writing here about winning anything , any kind of trophies using the latest knapp tactics..
As far as the 3-5-2 , did you not see the lad's screenshot who tried this tactic and he was near relegation zone? Granted the team isn't the greatest but there's no way that with his form that tactic is doing any kind of wonders.

As far as the testing methods , lets agree to disagree but surely in the past experience if a tactic works right people mention about it's success and I haven't heard too much of that mentioned here , but instead I hear about people like bonio , EK , etc and I am sure they all tried the recent knapp tactics.
No, just two different sites. A lot of the feedback on the SI forums post about Knap's tactics are positive. Same with people on FMKorea/Nation. If people aren't having the same success that it can also be the team your managing and your squad, which I'm sure you're aware of. Along with trying to plug it in halfway through a season. That doesn't work anymore. I saw the screenshots, but without the squad in tow, and the line-ups/match stats it doesn't give us a whole lot of information on why that occured. There's so many factors when it comes to a single match now.

TFF's Hot Tub literally test with a top team and an underdog team that wins every league. We use the same format as Mr L.