Well, what can I say. 4-3-3 for me is just brilliant, very nice results, although it's hard to get a clean sheet. :(
4-4-2 is way more attacking, but also worse in defence. For example, with 4-3-3 I usually have 3-0, 2-0, or 3-1, with 4-4-2 I have 5-3, 5-2, 4-2, so I can say, that it would be brilliant if defensive tweaks were made.

Using 4-4-2 v2.1.

It is frustrating that i'm conceding a lot of goals because of the next fact: When the opp. striker gets the ball between my midfield and defence, my Central defender follows him. The striker passes the ball in the gap, my wing back is marking ON THE WRONG SIDE every time..... Goal....

For me your 4-4-2 is one of the best tactic that i'm using in game! Why? Because only my strikers score over 90 goals in one season!

Great.tactics. did.really.well.in fm13. just started testing it halfway through the season. awesome as usual. only thing is I dont really have a lot of ball winning modfielders in my manutd team. majority are deep lying playmakers so I tweaked your tactic a bit. I changed the central midfielder on support to deep lyinv playmaker on support. its working. that makes sense than pairing a central midfielder and a BWM. cos thrn there will be no creative modfielder or anyone sitting or initiating attacks.
I also tweaked the instructions for the central defenders by adding close down more to it. goals conceded has reduced in a way. not fullyfluid so I cant complain but awesome tactics boss. the rest of the instructions are all the same only a position change in the 4-4-2. cheers. ill let u go how it goes. so far mo lose.

I think this years issue us any tactic with fluid and sttacking has a tendency to concede but so long as u can outscore your opponent I think its ok. if you dont want thst then rigid atracking is the best

Okay guys, a new version. It is a total new 4-4-2 from the bottom. In the OP you will find a tactic with the 2.1 version. But the 1.1 version below, is different. Download and let me know! Working as a beast for me.

https://www.mediafire.com/?1quwbb5wywmexl1

Last edited: