Reaction score
Koen - Various attacking play.
Football Manager 14.2.2

Jup, I have tried before to introduce you an awesome Football Manager 2014 tactic. But this time, I've got something else. It is a three part tactic, with the same attacking style in three different formations. At least one of the formations has to suits your squad well and I think playing this kind of football is a pretty good way to get results in Football Manager.

The team instructions are the same for all of the three tactics. And the same for most of the player instructions and roles. I am just looking at my squad and choose the best formation before a game. I am not choosing a formation because of my opponent's strength.

The three formations.
From left to right, version 1.0, 2.0 & 3.0.

View attachment 415867 View attachment 415865 View attachment 415866

Jup, I know.. It says '4-4-2 beast', but I am referring at my FM13's 4-4-2 beast.

Koen - Various attacking play - 442
First test completed. Will make another version later!

The original downloadlink (first version) - 24/02/2014 - 1.0 Koen - 4-4-2 Beast

View attachment 415342

Koen - Various attacking play - 451
I am in a test phase.

The original downloadlink (first version) - 24/02/2014 - 2.0 Koen - 4-4-2 Beast
The second version of this tactic - 25/02/2014 - 2.1 Koen - 4-4-2 Beast - New!

The second version of the tactic is much more better and gets close to a Barca dominating way. Just the dominating part, not the passing etc. Never dominated that many games at such shot versus opponents shots.

Individual games

View attachment 415231 View attachment 415230 View attachment 415229 View attachment 415228 View attachment 415232 View attachment 415193 View attachment 415003

Early in the season, but a really good start. Tactic isn't fluid, so will see where this is going. When I concede a goal is it most of the goal from a corner or a penalty.
Most of the time I play with a left-foot on the left-wing. But this isn't necessary because Ben Arfa on the right-wing is doing pretty wel. But as you can see, Marveaux is doing even better. And the striker is scoring a lot of goals. Help to test this tactic and let me know what you think!

Koen - Various attacking play - 433
I am in a test phase.

The original downloadlink (first version) - 24/02/2014 - 3.0 Koen - 4-4-2 Beast
The second version of this tactic - 26/02/2014 - 3.1 Koen - 4-4-2 Beast - Test phase!

More to come later..

Training

View attachment 415863

Train every player into the role you want him to play in the formation.

Team talks
I think I am doing a great job using my own team talks. This year it is more important dan other FM versions. Make sure you boost your players with good team talks. Here is a guide how to use them.. (Not mine!)
Raikan007's Teamtalk Guide Fm14: How to get the right reaction!

Don't ask me ''What is the best formation?''. This can be very different for everyone.
I wish you good luck using this tactic. Let me know how it went!

User results said:
Thanks for all the reactions.

Thanks for helping me turn my season around, was about 2 games away from the sack with Roma in my 1st season. using tactic 3.0, currently on a 5 game win streak which is better than before when i couldn't string a win and a draw together!!

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMG! I'm training to Wrexham in the First Division. Using this tactic (version 1.0) won 5-3 away from Tottenham at home 6-0 to Aston Villa .
Are the first two games, keep this pace will be the best tactic I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Going to try this! Will start a new game Tomorrow night. Looks good. Witch one did you use?

do you change mentality Away from Home or just Always attacking?

pretty interesting tbh and smart. Will give it a go right now but i really like 2.0 look very this year bayern (way to go)... cheers :)

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMG! I'm training to Wrexham in the First Division. Using this tactic (version 1.0) won 5-3 away from Tottenham at home 6-0 to Aston Villa .
Are the first two games, keep this pace will be the best tactic I've ever seen.

conceding many goals: (
let's try the 2.0

Christian do you think any of these 3 tactics are so good as yours Fast and Fluid from FM13?

Thanks for helping me turn my season around, was about 2 games away from the sack with Roma in my 1st season. using tactic 3.0, currently on a 5 game win streak which is better than before when i couldn't string a win and a draw together!!

Just to be sure Christianeriksen, do you use OP instructions?

Are the wingers in v 3.0 proper out and out wingers or more like IF's?

Well, that's a really hard challenge. But I know one of these tactics can work well for everyone!
Well i'm thinking about to play with FCPorto which one do you recomend?
With Marshal update

Last edited:
Well i'm thinking about to play with FCPorto which one do you recomend?
With Marshal update

I think the 3.0 version, but I am not sure because I don't know their squad exactly.

Are the wingers in v 3.0 proper out and out wingers or more like IF's?

The wingers have a free roll so they have a lot of different action and walk lines.

Just to be sure Christianeriksen, do you use OP instructions?

No, I don't. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try V.3 with Barcelona.

Managed to make a really dominating 4-5-1 tactic.
Jup, early season. But I'm still in a test phase. Make sure you test it..

Downloadlink in the opening post.

Im trying with barcelona,all OK but I lost my last game with Juventus 6-3, season 2017-2018, the tactic still is not fluid
and change to this tactic in the eighth league game.
Results with this tactic:
B-Galatasaray 4-0
B-Elche 3-0
B-Sporting 3-0
Levante-B 1-3
Galatasaray-B 1-2
B-Espa?ol 4-0
Bilbao-B 1-2
B-Maccabi Tel Aviv 3-0
B-Granada 2-0
Atletico-B 1-1
B-Real Madrid 4-2