Posh accept Mackail-Smith offer

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Peterborough United accept an offer from a Premier League side for striker Craig Mackail-Smith.

More...

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Everton. They have a thing for lower league strikers..

Beckford and Mackail Smith destroying Premiership defences! =P

And I thought Victoria Beckham when I saw the Thread Title....

You can think Everton, but it's us!

I know us, Everton, Norwich and a couple of others wanted him, if it were us, i wouldn't mind too much, 35 goals is good but this is the premier league

Hope it is Everton as they will be less likely to go in for Long <3 then.

He only managed to score 10 goals in the Championship, sure Posh were struggling but aren't QPR and Norwich going to be struggling too? Seems like he can only score against weaker teams.. But I will reserve my judgement until I see him play..

He only managed to score 10 goals in the Championship, sure Posh were struggling but aren't QPR and Norwich going to be struggling too? Seems like he can only score against weaker teams.. But I will reserve my judgement until I see him play..

Even worse than Beckford?
Scored vs Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United and more top clubs.. Got at least 10 goals making the jump from League 1 to Premier League. Doesn't seem that bad to me.

Also, adding to my point, would much rather have Danny Graham than him or any other lower league player :wub:

Gotta be one of the newly promoted teams? my moneys on Norwich!

Yep the players they have got from lower leagues are poor after all.

Cahill, Jags, beckford.....

He means 'poor' as in the term = No money/skint.

he doesn't mean the quality of the players, he means the money that david moyles is given.

Alex and Wilko got it spot on, but just to clarify, Everton are my fav team in the prem, wouldn't call the lads poor by no means.

In previous seasons he's looked average in terms of his technical ability; first touch, finishing etc. But always got goals due to his sheer pace, movement and the fact that he chases down EVERYTHING. Also, he never wins headers, but rarely does the centre back win them cleanly either, he's got this knack of getting underneath the centre back and forcing them off balance meaning he's capable of playing up front alone despite being a midget. This season, his first touch and finishing have come on leaps and bounds, and he looks the real deal.

Will be sad to see him go, one of the best players to wear a posh shirt in recent years. Stuck on 99 goals for the club is not how he will want to be remembered, i hope he returns one day to finish what he started at London Road.

Thanks for the good times CMS, see you again someday.

Last edited:
According to rumours on twitter (that have been RT'd by Sky Sports and most of the presenters) the club with the bid accepted is Norwich City for £1.5M.

Canaries have Holt + Simeon Jackson + recent expenditure on Vaughan, I'm not so sure.

Rumours around London Road are that the Old Firm are looking at him, this would surely do a lot to further his international career too.