Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Tried with Chelsea few games and can say that im outplayed almost all my games with only 1 win in 7 games :(
]

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't really post about tactics I have tested but this one was a strange one. Team I test tactics with is Doncaster Rovers in League One - media prediction is lower table ish (i.e. 15-19th) and leave transfers to a DoF.

End of first season table:

4231 2AP - Donc.png

Now onto the extremely ridiculous part of this tactic:

4231 2AP - Donc league1.png

As you can see, first six games was 0W-2D-4L, from then onwards I went 27W-7D-4L which seems pretty respectable and scored quite a few goals (94 goals in those 38 games). Not sure what suddenly ticked but maybe Team Cohesion. Included in that run, I actually got the 30 game unbeaten achievement from Steam.

4231 2AP - Donc league2.png

Finally, I won the EFL Trophy, beating MK Dons 5-1 in the final. Lost in the 3rd round of the League Cup (lost 3-0 to Crystal Palace but beat Aston Villa 2-1 in the previous round). Lost in the FA Cup quarter final, losing 6-1 to Arsenal, but I did beat Southampton 3-1 in the 5th round.

Overall, not the best points tally at the end of the season that I have gotten from testing but I think if you ignore the start it perhaps has potential, especially as a 4-2-3-1 which does not seem to be very strong in FM20.

Note: some additional stats I have taken which I record for each tactic.
CCC = clear-cut chance created
CCC p/g is my team first, then opposition on the right

Doncaster sheet.png