Korena gp yeongam

Was a good race i thought, the track was good and wasnt in a bad shape considering a month ago they were saying it might not go ahead. When its 100% complete it will be an impressive place. Only problem was the laying of the track surface, it was only done a few weeks ago so still had the oils and alot of the bitchumen hadnt been worn away. The drainage issues will improve a little bit once the bitchumen has worn down but in alot of the places it will still be bad because the surface is flat so the water will just lay there in a puddle. The track was unraceable at the start and for 5-7 laps after the red flag, after that it was fine.

None of the accidents today were caused by the track or the surface so you cant say it was unsafe or anything. 2007 European GP was nothing like this GP.

Agree with the comments made about Red Bull they would have had both championships wrapped up by now had they not have had unreliability issues, Not being able to convert poles into wins and crashing into other cars. To be fair i cant think of any 1 apart from Webber who deserves to be champion. Alonso and Ferrari definetly dont because of the team orders in Germany and if he wins the title by less than 7 points there will be many fans who will be outraged by it.

Other point i want to make is i think Bernie needs to suck it up and move the start times of the Far East GPS to earlier times because they have been moved to 3pm local time for tv coverage but if they were to start at the standard 1pm local time then they would have another 2 hours to get the race in should this sort of situation happen again.

Petrov will probaly lose his drive due to crashes in China, Spain, Monaco, Spa, Japan, Korea
---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

What is your fascination with this race? It has nothing to do with this race.

Everyone bar Winkelhock who came in at the end of lap 1 for wet tyres started the race on slicks, there was a massive shower half way on lap 1 which soaked the track and left standing water everywhere. At the end of lap 1 everyone pitted for wets bar the cars that would have had to Queue behind team mates in the pits. Becuase they were on slicks and there was standing water at turn 1 they all went off. At this moment the SC came out and even those on Inters were going off the track. The SC then did 1 or 2 laps then the race was Red flagged because the cars couldnt keep up with SC without aquaplaning. After 20 mins or so under redflag the rain stopped and the sun came out. Everyone was on wet tyres and they restarted the race, 6-8 laps after that people were coming in for slicks because the track had dried.

YouTube - 2007 European Grand Prix start

No i'm not saying it was like it I was just say comparing the conditios as someone was saying that it was unraceable , and i was like if it was so unraceable why were they on inters, the euro gp 2007 had worse conditions. I was using it as an example.

Just one question.... where is Korena? :p

very exciting race, epitemised by Vettel and Webber's incidents

Sutil could have had a very bad accident overtaking Barichello, but I didn't really see any pitlane problems though

Overall, a very good race :)

There was none as the FIA said you can cut the pitlane entry and exit lines!

i like the track, a couple of long staights going into big breaking zones is good for overtaking - turn 4(?) saw a lot of overtaking and i dont necessarily think would have been different if it had been dry.

The last corner section looked impressive in qualifying, a long fast right with walls either side than a kink left towards th start/finish line (the could have made for very exciting close finishes back in a day when cars could run close together)

All in all i think Tilke done good... about time he made another good one - 2 out of 15(?) aint bad Hermann

No i'm not saying it was like it I was just say comparing the conditios as someone was saying that it was unraceable , and i was like if it was so unraceable why were they on inters, the euro gp 2007 had worse conditions. I was using it as an example.

Ahh ok sorry, i misunderstood what you were meaning. :wub:(K)

Did anyone else see 1 of the Force Indias nearly smash into the other 1 under SC, scary moment.

Ahh ok sorry, i misunderstood what you were meaning. :wub:(K)

Did anyone else see 1 of the Force Indias nearly smash into the other 1 under SC, scary moment.

Yup, Force India has had a poor 2nd half of the season.