KotW Cup Premilinary Round

Mike

Like a glove!
Reaction score
FA Cup Finals - 2008-2013

Your task for the preliminary round is simple: you must find any FA Cup Final from and including 2008 up until the most recent, this year. Create a home kit for the home drawn team in that final and an away kit for the away drawn team. For example, the 2008 Final was between Cardiff and Portsmouth; I'd make a home kit for Cardiff and an away kit for Portsmouth.

Please state which year the final took place, and name the teams involved.

It's that simple. So get kitting!

1. These rules must be followed at all times. Anybody failing to adhere to these simple rules will have their kits disqualified. If breaking of rules persist, ‘bans’ will be imposed (starting at one week, then two weeks etc).
  2. Kits must have a maximum dimension of 300 pixels (eg. 250x300 px is fine. 300x450 px kits will be removed). Please re-size your kits before entering.
  3. Do not upload or link to the full size kits so we can see designs or details closer. The larger kits will be removed instantly.
  4. Team’s home kit, unless otherwise stated, must be the primary and traditional colour of said team’s home kit in real life (eg. Manchester United’s home must be red). Away kit can be any colour.
  5. The away kit’s main colour must be noticeably different from the home. If the home kit is blue, and approximately 50% of the away is blue (eg. blue and black stripes), this doesn’t count as different.
  6. Once your kits are posted, they may not be changed unless permission is given. Any changed without permission will result in disqualification.
  7. If anybody feels a kit doesn’t fit the rules, please say so in the thread or via visitor/private message and we will deal with it.
  8. No bickering in the thread. Anybody who causes or continues an argument will be disqualified.
  9. DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN KIT. It has not been something that has happened for a while, but everybody is keeping an eye out.
  10. These rules are subject to change at any given time without prior warning.

Deadline for the week’s entries is Tuesday 21st May at 18:00 GMT. Any entries posted later than this will not be considered.

Last edited:
FA Cup Final 2009; Chelsea vs Everton.

chelseaex.png
evertonx.png

FA Cup Final 2010-11 Manchester City vs Stoke City

manc_zps3ba5d01b.png
sto_zps5aa45b64.png

FA Cup Final 2011-2012; Chelsea vs Liverpool

kotwcup1_chelsea_home.png
kotwcup1_liverpool_away.png

Although Liverpool looks like their Home colours, it is actually their 1900's official away kit

2013 FA Cup Final - Manchester City vs Wigan Athletic
SKflJSt.png
FFFLTrz.png

Glad to see KotW continue well in my absence :) May be tempted to start making kits again :)

Glad to see KotW continue well in my absence :) May be tempted to start making kits again :)

I've taken over the reigns; haven't seen hermanchides since before Christmas :S please do come back, we're very short on numbers recently!

2013 FA Cup Final

307n6nl.jpg
2v8gu35.png

Last edited:
7REW7 i think you should make a man.City home and a Wigan away...

oh kak! My BAD. Do just remove them and then replace them?

2012 FA CUP FINAL
CHELSEA vs LIVERPOOL

Last edited:
Correct, Steve. Please change the Liverpool kit, Chelsea kit is fine.

Mike,
Where did you get that template for your entries? Would be interested in using it as a base template and making a few new styles for it :)

Mike,
Where did you get that template for your entries? Would be interested in using it as a base template and making a few new styles for it :)

Here it is my friend :) I was going to try and make a couple of different styles but haven't really had the time, and it's already a fantastic template.

Aequix Design: AX13 Template Download