KotW Week 14: Classic Finals

Mike

Like a glove!
Reaction score
This week’s challenge requires memory and creativity. All you have to do is think of a classic club competition Final match from yesteryear – for example, Champions League Final of 1999, Manchester United vs. Bayern Munich – and re-create their kits, but bring them up to date. If you can’t think of a Final off the top of your head, use Google (or your favourite search engine); they’re not too hard to find. Wikipedia’s quite useful, too.

Please design a home kit for the home team of the final, and an away kit for the away team of the final. Also, with your kits, please state both teams in question and which club competition Final they were involved in (any links for proof will be handy, but not overly-important). It can be any professional competition in the world.

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU RESIZE YOUR PNG FILES BEFORE POSTING. Any breaking the rules will not be added to the voting thread.

Rules:

• [*=left]Deadline is Friday at 6PM GMT. Any entries posted later than this will not be considered.
    [*=left]Follow the brief. Any kits that dont will be disqualified.
    [*=left]Team colours must be the main colour of the home kit, away kit can be any colour
    [*=left]When uploading kits make sure they are 250x250 pixels. In the case of shorts and sleeve with kits make sure they are no more than 400x300 pixels
    [*=left]The home and away must be completely different colours. Trims can be the same colour, but make sure the main colour is different. Failure to do this will result in a DQ.
    [*=left]Once a kit is posted, you cannot change without permission, and a good reason. Any that are changed without permission will be removed. Consult either Steve*, hermanchides or Mike to change your kits.
DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN KIT!!!!! As simple as that sounds, people keep doing it. The excuse 'I didn't know it was against the rules' will not work

Points breakdown:
1st Place----10 pts
2nd Place----8 pts
3rd Place----6 pts
4th Place----4 pts
5th Place----2 pts
Outside the top 5 you get 1 point each week you enter

I know the answer to this question but i am going to ask it anyway, can we make kits for finals of other sports?

I know the answer to this question but i am going to ask it anyway, can we make kits for finals of other sports?

Nope, sorry. Must be football.

AC Milan vs. Liverpool, 2005 UEFA Champions League Final.

achn.png
liverpoolaj.png

2005 UEFA Champions League Final - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi guys,

I'm new on here and just stumbled across this kit competition.. I'd love to get involved but is it a little late for me to join in? No worries if not. Love that Milan kit btw!

Hi guys,

I'm new on here and just stumbled across this kit competition.. I'd love to get involved but is it a little late for me to join in? No worries if not. Love that Milan kit btw!

Pretty sure anyone can join any time. :)

If you do enter, I will fix the voting so you win. ;)

Hi guys,

It's never too late to join :)

FC 12 have really caught on....

Anyway mike, ill update the leaderboards maybe tomorrow. Been absolutely swimming in work the last 3 weeks and havnt had time to do anything. Some good entries already(love the milan home kit)

Mike, you make kit-making look so easy.

Lol, thanks. Kit making isn't too difficult; in fact, it's relatively simple. There are awkward parts like that collar, for example; that took me a while to get to the stage it's at. You seem to be lingering about these threads a lot but not taking part. You should give it a go, you might like it.

All you have to do is think of a classic club competition Final match from yesteryear

You must design a kit for a club competition Final, not an international competition.

Last edited by a moderator: