Kris Boyd

Fair enough he should have been brought on but to retire from your contry after 3-4 games not playing when you arent even a regular for your club is unacceptable. Did he ask to leave Rangers when LaGuen didnt play him, no, did he ask to leave when he wasnt playing this season, no. So why quit Scotland after not playing for a few games?

so you would rather stick a guy in whos played in all england lower leagues and not proven himself to any 1 up here than a proven striker who gets on average 35 goals a season aye ok then.

I would rather stick a guy who has the heart and the right attitude and not a big baby who qq's when he doesnt play

Fair enough he should have been brought on but to retire from your contry after 3-4 games not playing when you arent even a regular for your club is unacceptable. Did he ask to leave Rangers when LaGuen didnt play him, no, did he ask to leave when he wasnt playing this season, no. So why quit Scotland after not playing for a few games?

he also gets paid thousands of pounds a week to sit on the bench for rangers which he doesnt even do now which why hes SPLs to goalscorer and will finish to and it was longer than a few games being 7th/8th choice striker for your country and being the best finisher in scotland isnt right at the end of the day burley is a club manager and should leave before he ruins us again.

Burleys only been in charge wat, 3 competitive games, and his 'beef' is with Burley so its not more.

Just becuase hes the best finisher doesnt mean hes the best player. The type of striker you play depends on what you want to do tactically otherwise players like Heskey etc would never get played. Fletcher & Iwelumo worked to an extent for Scotland, we started to creat with them on whereas Boyd would have just stood around as he offers almost no movement what so ever.

I could see Boyds point now if he wasnt getting a look in now hes playing regularly and is inform, but at the time he wasnt playing.

Gregor how can you say Iwelumo worked to an Extent for scotland ? He had one call up because he was scoring goals for wolves in the Championship fair enough to Burley there but not because he works hard for Scotland and most of us all complain about him because of his stupid miss although there are better players than Iwelumo that could have played. Boyd shouldn't have spat the dummy for not being picked because he wasn't playing reguarly for Rangers at the time, Boyd should have battled for his place in the Scotland squad but the reason he didn't play for Walter was because he liked to play 1 man up front which boyd cant do everyone knows that but when boy playes with a strike partner Boyd will score simple as that 16 goals already he may be lazy but hes a Striker and as long as he scores goals which is winning us the games i dont care how lazy he is. but when Boyd is being picked over Iwelumo who has no interntional experience in a game that is important we win. Burley must leave as he has ruined the team Walter Smith started off in winning ways, I believed we could beat holland or draw with them at least but I can only see us getting hammered with burley in charge as it looks like he just wants to play defensive and great passing football when we are not a great team the thing we have against most clubs though is heart we want to win more than most clubs and we always battle hard. final conclusion Boyd was in the wrong and wish he says sorry and plays for Scotland as we do need him Boyd and Miller proved they are an amazing partnership.

Well by what mcleish has been saying today looks like i will be getting to see him first hand down at st.andrews :)

Gregor how can you say Iwelumo worked to an Extent for scotland ? He had one call up because he was scoring goals for wolves in the Championship fair enough to Burley there but not because he works hard for Scotland and most of us all complain about him because of his stupid miss although there are better players than Iwelumo that could have played. Boyd shouldn't have spat the dummy for not being picked because he wasn't playing reguarly for Rangers at the time, Boyd should have battled for his place in the Scotland squad but the reason he didn't play for Walter was because he liked to play 1 man up front which boyd cant do everyone knows that but when boy playes with a strike partner Boyd will score simple as that 16 goals already he may be lazy but hes a Striker and as long as he scores goals which is winning us the games i dont care how lazy he is. but when Boyd is being picked over Iwelumo who has no interntional experience in a game that is important we win. Burley must leave as he has ruined the team Walter Smith started off in winning ways, I believed we could beat holland or draw with them at least but I can only see us getting hammered with burley in charge as it looks like he just wants to play defensive and great passing football when we are not a great team the thing we have against most clubs though is heart we want to win more than most clubs and we always battle hard. final conclusion Boyd was in the wrong and wish he says sorry and plays for Scotland as we do need him Boyd and Miller proved they are an amazing partnership.

Well at the time iirc we werent creating any chances so what would be the point in bringing Boyd on who needs his chances on a plate as he cant run/dribble/move. Whereas brining on Fletcher and Iwelumo meant we started creatign chances, granted we then should have brought Boyd on for the last 10 or so mins.

Anyway face it, Kris Boyd is overated, he scores but rarely against bigger teams. Ive never seen him play well against Celtic and thats probably why despite scoring almost 1 in every game you never see him linked with anyone better than Cardiff

Rangers will consider selling striker Kris Boyd to Birmingham, if the St Andrews club increase their £3m bid.

Rangers chairman Sir David Murray told BBC Sport: "Birmingham have made an enquiry, we talked about money but we haven't agreed a fee."

However, the English Championship outfit insist that an offer has already been accepted for the 25-year-old.

A source at St Andrews told BBC Sport that they expect Boyd to discuss a five-year contract on Wednesday.

The source at St Andrews said: "I'd be 75% certain that Kris Boyd will be a Birmingham player by the end of the week."

Well i will be extremely happy with that!

Depends what Brum are like.

Are you creating a lot of chances on the deck, in the box...having said that are Rangers?

Boyd really cant move at all wether it be to create space or to actually move with the ball. He cant hold it up really and isnt that strong for someone of his weight.

So what does he do?

No we arnt really free flowing direct football but we dont play hoofball as some suggest, we tend to let the other team have more of the ball i dont really no what our style is. But we do score a lot of tap ins and phillips poaches goals for fun so hopefully boyd will do the same and at 3-4m seems worth a punt

I thought that was obviosu from all the praise, he finishes, just doesnt do anything else, hence why Rangers dont play him in the big games and why kenny misser and james mcfadden are Scotlands choice upfront

Boyd might not be a big game player, but you can count on him to get you the goal that will grind you out a 1-0 win against a team you really should be beating when no one seems up for it. So many of his goals have meant Rangers have won games that they'd otherwise have drawn, and for that alone i hope he stays.

im sorry to say but im no boyds side. burley relly isint the man for the job at scotland. A man of boyds caliber should be starting evrey week. not being kept out the team like ewilmino or what ever his name hu cant even score fae 2 yards

o yeh and if boyd leaves this month then u can count rangers out the race for the spl title because he seems to be the only one scoring reguarly. without him where are the goals going to come from. they certinly arent going to come from millar hes not the player boyd is. he will work hard all the time but he wont get u the goals

Dont double post, use edit in future. Also type more clearly :p

I think Burley should quit Scotland, I dont think that the job should have went to him in the first place, I am a Celtic fan but I cant say that Boyd is a **** striker as he is sitting top of the scoring table in Scotland and has almost scored as many as Giorgios Samaras and Scott McDonald combined, although I thought him quitting Scotland was him throwing his toys from pram, Its time to grow up Kris, your country needs you. Burley maybe now realise that he is a complete and utter **** who was trying to suck up Smith's **** by saying Boyd must prove himself now Boyd has proved himself time and time again he is unavailable to Burley because he ****** up... I think Scotland missing another competition wouldnt bother the fans because we are used to it, but will open the eyes of everyone in Scotland that Burley is not capable of being a manager for a nation or decent side. I could have done what he did at Hearts with the same players, Burley its time to **** off.