sry81uk

Reaction score
I am in my 3rd season as manchester united manager and i am trying to find out the best positions and roles for pogba and kroos as i have just purchased kroos and cant figure out how to get them both playing to gether

kroos is best as a deep lying playmaker support but he has to have a defensive mid alongside him otherwise he can get over run. pogba is more of an advanced playmaker or a box to box role. i just dont see them working out as theyd be no balance in your midfield.

If you had a 3 CMs, play Lucas Romero type player as BWM (D), Pogba as AP (S), and Kroos CM (auto). Cannot see why that wouldn't work.

I'm using Kroos as DLP (D) and Pogba as RPM (S) in the 2 middle slots of the ancelotti 442 tactic by passion4fm... working good!

i should have said that i am trying to fit them both into a 2 man central midfield

GK - De gea
RB Rafel (WB Atack) CB John Stones CB Blanata LB Shaw (WB Atack)

CM Kroos Role?? CM Pogba role??

AMR Mata Winger AMC Rooney Shadow Striker AML Di Maria Inside Forward

i should have said that i am trying to fit them both into a 2 man central midfield

GK - De gea

My experience with Pogba is that he is much better when he is higher up the pitch.

Based on your formation you could try something like Kroos - DLP (D)/(S) & Pogba CM (S)/(A).

Player instructions will make a big difference to how they play and you need to take into account instructions on your other players as well as team instructions.

oh my Bejesus Kroos and Pogba together? Put Matic behind them and nobody beats that midfield

Male Kroos a DLP and Pogba a RPM or a AP(s)

yeh just dont ask me what i paid for kroos. lets call it a moment of heart before head

Kroos as DLP, Pogba as Roaming Playmaker

(Look at Passion4FMs 442 Ancelotti)

i have actualy had a complete change of mind on the whole issue. I am now playing 2 cm and dm instead of 2cm and an amc the only issue this gives me is there is no longer room for rooney so i am giving thought to selling him.

i have actualy had a complete change of mind on the whole issue. I am now playing 2 cm and dm instead of 2cm and an amc the only issue this gives me is there is no longer room for rooney so i am giving thought to selling him.

I usually sell Rooney before his value plummets in the 2nd season regardless of his performances (which are usually below par) and also due to his high salary and constant unhappiness. Not to mention Mata and especially Januzaj (given time) are beastly in that position, but fair play to you for showing faith in him! As for your two CMs, I personally use two CMs on A/D duty depending on whether I'm H/A and they're often the best players on the pitch unless one of my back-four has an exceptional day or if my striker bags a hat-trick, etc.
If you think you've got a dream team with Kroos & Pogba in the same team, wait until you start winning Trebles and the likes of Bale, Ronaldo, Neymar & Messi come knocking on your door. ;) A little off-topic but I noticed you mentioned you play ADM as a AML (IF) but isn't he left-footed? I'm probably wrong but aren't IFs encouraged to cut inside on their preferred foot so they can hit that early in-swinging cross, etc? Isn't that why most people are advised to play IFs on the flank of their weaker foot? (Such as Bale as AMR (IF) & Ronaldo as AML (IF)) Like I said, I'm probably wrong but you don't know unless you ask, right? (A)

thanks moranster i think you have just highleted a very good point in regards to adm and its one i will certainly tweek. As for my midfield i have improved it further now:$ as i have added ilkay gundogan as a deep lying playmaker behind pogba and kroos however this leads me to another question which i will open up a new thread for about passing styles as they both prefer diferent passing styles. Rooney has been great for me but i am seeing a rapid decline in his stats since he turned 30 so i agree its time for him to move on

I usually sell Rooney before his value plummets in the 2nd season regardless of his performances (which are usually below par) and also due to his high salary and constant unhappiness.

A little off-topic but I noticed you mentioned you play ADM as a AML (IF) but isn't he left-footed? I'm probably wrong but aren't IFs encouraged to cut inside on their preferred foot so they can hit that early in-swinging cross, etc? Isn't that why most people are advised to play IFs on the flank of their weaker foot? (Such as Bale as AMR (IF) & Ronaldo as AML (IF)) Like I said, I'm probably wrong but you don't know unless you ask, right? (A)

Just sold Rooney at end of 4th season to Chelsea for 20mil, value 9mil - he had scored 30 goals in 39 games (part of 3 man strike force). Only sold him so I could use younger players.

Regarding IFs and their best foot - using Christian Eriksens tactic and Bad Possession I have had no issue using a left footed player at AML (IF). Adnan is particularly good as his Right Foot is also very strong, also Griezmann did exceptionally well.

I use a dm slightly on the left, rp slightly on the right and an amc in the middle, could use Kroos, Pogba and Rooney in that combination?

I have both at united for past 4 seasons, Kroos averages 8.2+ per season.

Kroos AP(S) Pogba CM( A)

Deep lying playmaker on support behind in the DM role.

Just won the prem 6th season in a row :D

Last edited:
i now have pogba and kroos as central mids with atack and gundogan as a deep lying playmaker which is working out very well. I have sold RVP and rooney and now have falcao and henriquez as my main strikers and have a young wonder kid Pedro Carrillo coming in when the summer window opens. His stats and potential looking amazing and he only cost me 5 mil!!!

GK - De gea

You might be performing well, which in that case, ignore me- but I naturally think you should swap Mata and Di Maria? As atm Di Maria is cutting in on his right foot, and Mata is sticking to his right foot down the wing. Whereas if you swapped them, they would both be focusing most of their play on their favoured left feet.