macca72

Reaction score
EDIT: ALL credit goes to the original Kung Fu author, i'm claiming nothing from this post, all goes to them. This is just a little tweak.

Evening all

I rarely post tactics here, but I tweaked the Kung Fu 3-4-3 without much expectation, as I'm generally rubbish at this sort of thing, but this seems to have worked a treat.

Playing as Leeds in the first season (just about to finish it).

Tactic is a deep 433, using 2 VOL and a BWM.

I made no permanent transfers all season, only loans.

View attachment 54804

View attachment 54803

View attachment 54802

View attachment 54801

No opposition instructions and training is just positional.

I know it's a 3 up top, but I did try dropping the Supporting forward back to AMC for a few games, seemed to work ok but would need more testing. Enjoy.

Last edited:
As I said above, position training only. Only change I made is to train the BWM as HB - mainly as this is a good all round role for a DM type player.

I think he means
  • General training?
  • Match preparation?
  • Training bar, Towards less or more match training?
  • Player: You said positional.

I think he means
  • General training?
  • Match preparation?
  • Training bar, Towards less or more match training?
  • Player: You said positional.

My bad, I play FM touch so I don't touch training at all, assume assistant takes care of it.

Cheers

How does dropped that deep effect the fitness levels of the attacking mids late in the game.. I'm currently trying this formation but finding the volantes are knackered late on.

View attachment 54438

How does dropped that deep effect the fitness levels of the attacking mids late in the game.. I'm currently trying this formation but finding the volantes are knackered late on.

View attachment 1160221

Yeah you're right, they are usually the most knackered of all the players, but I haven't noticed it to the extreme. I always look for players in every position with high work rate, stamina and natural fitness anyway so that may help.

Like that tweak too, when I played with the 4312 I had the AP on Support, it basically changes it to a 4132 deep as the AP drops back into CM to help out, I also find that then when the SV burst forward the AP has good passing options.

The 2 CF Attacks didn't work so great as they were a bit isolated, but I didn't try tweak further than that

Very interesting tweak. I tried it with Watford :
View attachment 53855
View attachment 53854
View attachment 53853View attachment 53852View attachment 53851

Very solid and stable defensive, even without three central defenders. A lot of goals scored and chances created even without attacking wing backs and advanced central midfielders (mezzalas or box to box midfielders). An useful tweak can be the use of "exploit the middle" TI. I tried to use a DLP as a central defensive midfielder but it was a bad idea. I didnt find any good tweak for games against strong teams. Generally speaking, in such games the team did not play bad and had plenty of opportunities but strong teams have top defenses/goalkeepers and are able to speculate any mistake. I'm going to try a different formation (4-3DM-1-2 or 4-3DM-2-1) in the next season.

Good effort that, 36 goals against is impressive and very competitive. I would imagine you'd be pushing for the title next season if you carry on. Let me know how you get on with the other formations.