RAF93

Reaction score
Anybody know how much you can get Kurt Zouma for @ the start of the second season?

St. Etienne seem to be holding out for atleast ?30+..

You know it's going to be a good tackle when "assassin" is in the title ;)

No less than he deserves, that tackle is a lot worse than biting someone...

I don't think he should get 10 games for a tackle from behind. It happens pretty often, the biggest difference here being the injury of the victim. A player should NOT get more of a penalty just because the injury is more severe.

I don't think he should get 10 games for a tackle from behind. It happens pretty often, the biggest difference here being the injury of the victim. A player should NOT get more of a penalty just because the injury is more severe.

I was just making a comparison to the Suarez/Ivanovic incident. Yes, biting someone is completely retarded, but it's not gonna endanger anyones career. Zouma's tackle, on the other hand, is potentially careerbreaking. The pace and force, combined with the way he enters that challenge is horrendous. His right foot is stretched out with studs showing, and on top of that he's scissoring the poor guy's foot almost tearing it to shreds.

I was just making a comparison to the Suarez/Ivanovic incident. Yes, biting someone is completely retarded, but it's not gonna endanger anyones career. Zouma's tackle, on the other hand, is potentially careerbreaking. The pace and force, combined with the way he enters that challenge is horrendous. His right foot is stretched out with studs showing, and on top of that he's scissoring the poor guy's foot almost tearing it to shreds.

Yeah I understand that, just pointing out that I do not agree. I'm not well versed with how the committee makes their decisions, so I'm just saying what I believe to be more just. It's a terrible tackle, but with less pace he won't reach the ball in time, and the force... well he's a huge boy, once he throws himself it's gonna hurt.
But what do I know, perhaps he's a violent guy and really intended to hurt the poor fellow. If he did, he deserves as harsh a penalty as possible, if not then I think a 3-5 games away should suffice.

I thought it wasn't that bad of a tackle, just unfortunate... he gets the ball doesnt he? Don't think there's any intent at all to hurt the player, just his trailing leg does damage, he was just hungry to get the ball, not malicious in any way.

Got Zouma for 15m in the first season. Now if you are later on in the game and he's too pricey, but your team is good and he becomes extremely interested in your side, just talk him up, keep making offers that get rejected. He will become unhappy and request transfer. Then you swoop in and buy him for a low price!!

Got him for around 9 mill at the start of the 2nd season as he was unhappy and had requested a transfer for some reason :D

Just bought him myself for ?7.5m in 2016. They initially wanted over ?30m, but it was easy to unsettle him and his contract had only a year left, so they changed their minds quickly. Sold Doria to Real Madrid for ?35m after buying him for ?7m two years ago :)

I thought it wasn't that bad of a tackle, just unfortunate... he gets the ball doesnt he? Don't think there's any intent at all to hurt the player, just his trailing leg does damage, he was just hungry to get the ball, not malicious in any way.

+1, totally agree with that :)

I thought it was a brilliant tackle, just unlucky that his trailing leg caught the player, no fault of his, need more passionate tackles like this in England

Why are people saying it was an awful tackle? The only thing he did which arguably could cause a red was that his left leg left the ground. Other than that it was a great challenge imo.

I actually agree he is a big guy so prolly a bit clumsy , maybe a yellow but i didnt see any intent and he played the ball.

got him for free in jan 2017 for july then used the buy now option and got him imidiatelly for 1.2m euros.........

Looked like a good tackle to me (but I do play Rugby), seems you are no longer allowed to touch another player in football in case you get sent off.