Kuszczak wants number one shirt

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tomasz Kuszczak says he will leave Manchester United if he does not become their first-choice goalkeeper when Edwin van der Sar retires.

More...

Good on him.
He is a decent keeper and he should be given a chance before Man U buys a new keeper to replace VDS.
Unless Anders is the replacement....

I think Man Utd can do better than him. Cannot see him staying much longer after this outburst.

Though, most likely, the press have taken this way out of context.

I think Man Utd can do better than him. Cannot see him staying much longer after this outburst.

Though, most likely, the press have taken this way out of context.

True SAF will be very angry after this probably.

Decent Keeper but tbh there are better and younger keeprs who SAF can call upon to take the No. 1 Shirt

He's good, certainly better than Foster was when he had an extended spell between the sticks. Fergie doesn't want to rush Lindegaard, so whenever VDS is out this season, POG will probably play. He needs to prove that he's Manchester United good rather than standard.

Sorry Tomasz you're not that good to be our number 1.

Good backup, but he's never gonna be number 1 and after this little outburst, im gonna say that Fergie will be waving goodbye to him

Good backup, but he's never gonna be number 1 and after this little outburst, im gonna say that Fergie will be waving goodbye to him

The real quote was never an outburst, he said that he has been discussing with Fergie and SAF wants to wait till the summer for when VDS officially retires to be able to make a decision, so POG said he'd try his best when he has opportunities till then and if Fergie decides not to keep him, he may look to move in order to get first team football.

The real quote was never an outburst, he said that he has been discussing with Fergie and SAF wants to wait till the summer for when VDS officially retires to be able to make a decision, so POG said he'd try his best when he has opportunities till then and if Fergie decides not to keep him, he may look to move in order to get first team football.

My bad didnt read properly, but still i can see him be anything other then 2nd choice

Solid backup keeper. Nothing more than that. Can't even force his way to Poland's full time #1 choice either if Fabianski keeps improving and Szczesny rises through the ranks.

Adler was quoted a few weeks ago about refusing to sign a new Leverkusen contract amid United interest. De Gea is on the radar as well as Neuer, Akinfeev, etc. Much better natural replacements to Edwin out there.

decent backup for Man Utd but not good enough for the no1 shirt

No chance of getting the number one spot if we get De Gea, Adler or Neuer. I expect him to leave in the summer unless Lindegaard is really poor. He's a decent goalkeeper but I wouldn't want him to be the first choice goalkeeper, more of a backup goalkeeper tbh.

Yes he should be the No.1 for many many years :)

I Think he should be given a shot.
Maybe for the FA Cup

His performance against Liverpool was good