AidyMurf10

Reaction score
This probably isnt the correct thread but I have just started a Juventus season and I see that Asamoah and Isla are co-owned. I am wondering how much will it cost for me to buy them from people who have played as Juventus before?

At the end of the season there will be a blind auction between the 2 clubs which co-own him, and whoever bids the most will get the player, the other team will get the money. There is something to do with delaying it another year or something, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll google it :)

EDIT: Co-ownership (football) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks lads.. Any idea of roughly how much you have to pay,something around what hes worth then because I don't want to bid far more than Udinese do and be made a fool.

Thanks lads.. Any idea of roughly how much you have to pay,something around what hes worth then because I don't want to bid far more than Udinese do and be made a fool.

That is the whole point of the blind auction, to make you either pay as much as possible or to lose him. I haven't managed in Italy in a while, and when I did I stayed clear of co-ownerships. But if I were you, I would find a replacement that if you got you wouldn't mind losing him for more than he is worth, and see how much it would cost you for the replacement. Then depending on which player is better, use the replacement price to decide how much you would be willing to pay!

If you offer a lowish bid to Udinese (I'd say less than half their value) they might negotiate and you get an idea of what it'll cost.

To be honest though if it bothers you that much and your a casual player you can always save it before the blind auction, then reload and offer the same amount as Udinese then they'll stay with you. I stopped doing co-ownerships in my San Marino save cos I was fed up of paying say 1m to buy out a player to find out that the other team had offered nothing.

Turned out fine.. I paid Udinese 8.5 for Asamoah and 7.5 for Isla whereas they paid 7.5 and 6.5. Thanks for the help :)

It's the co-ownership stuff which has stopped me from trying in an Italian league :/ Far too confusing for me.

something to remember for the future: you also have the option to buy the other half of the co owned player before going to the blind auction. It is the same as buying a full player but you are negotiating just for the 50%.

Unfortunately in FM co ownership is pretty pointless, whereas in real football it is very useful.

Big clubs usually sell half ownership of their younger players so that they are sure the team they are "loaned" at make them play. In regular loans, the team the player is loaned at doesn't care if he sits on the bench all season or not, if he plays well it's all fine, if he doesn't who cares? just let him rot on the bench. while with co ownership it is in their interest to make sure a player gets enough play time and grows in value.

Another reason clubs co own players is because it functions as a sort of "insurance" if the player bought turns out to be ****. Let's say i buy 50% of a striker for 10 millions, if he plays badly i can renew co ownership and see if he gets better, or I send him back, having saved myself another 10 millions which would have been wasted. If he turns out to be good then I buy the other half for a fair price and everyone is happy.

Sometimes teams disagree about the prices, quarrel, and resort to the blind auction, but it doesn't happen that often.

Confusing eh? also broken english doesn't help :D

It's the co-ownership stuff which has stopped me from trying in an Italian league :/ Far too confusing for me.

I thought that too when I started but it actually isn't confusing. FM seem to make it easy to understand as at the end of the year you can make an offer to buy the player fully. Who ever bids more gets the player. If you don't get the player you get the money they pay for him. The first year if someone wants to delay the deal they can for 1 more year and then after that year you have to bid. I know I made it sound more confusing but I would give it a try. Its always nice to try a different league with different rules like co-ownership to make it interesting :)