La montée de Zinedine Zidane - Une histoire Olympique Lyonnais

MrFlabby

Reaction score

"Note to mods, my recent Newcastle save corrupted so please don't close this

attachment.php

Zidane takes over at Lyon

Today Olympique Lyonnais Chairman Jean-Michel Aulas announced that Claude Puel has left the club with no apparent reason, but it is believed to be over failed contract talks. But Jean-Michel Aulas was keen to find a replacement straight away and when he announced French legend Zinedine Zidane would be his replacement there were many happy faces in Lyon.

6a00e54ee0401888340115718dda08970b-800wi

Press Conference

Sky Sports News - Hello Zinedine, how do you feel to be back in football as the new manager of Lyon

Zidane - It feels great, Lyon are a great club and when they approached me , it was an offer i couldn't refuse

BBC Sport - Many fans want to see the Ligue 1 title in Lyon year in year out, will you do your all to do that ?

Zidane - Yes, i will do my all to bring the title here

www.olweb.fr - There has been rumors that you are looking into bringing Karim Benzema back to the club, can you confirm the rumours ?

Zidane - I would love him to come here, but i dont think he will be willing to come back here

talkSport - Will you be signing any new players ?

Zidane - Most likely yes, there may be a couple of new signings here

Zinedine_Zidane_2008.jpg

Last edited:
"Note to mods, my recent Newcastle save corrupted so please don't close this

Zidane takes over at Lyon

Today Olympique Lyonnais Chairman Jean-Michel Aulas announced that Claude Puel has left the club with no apparent reason, but it is believed to be over failed contract talks. But Jean-Michel Aulas was keen to find a replacement straight away and when he announced French legend Zinedine Zidane would be his replacement there were many happy faces in Lyon.

6a00e54ee0401888340115718dda08970b-800wi

Press Conference

Sky Sports News - Hello Zinedine, how do you feel to be back in football as the new manager of Lyon

Zidane - It feels great, Lyon are a great club and when they approached me , it was an offer i couldn't refuse

BBC Sport - Many fans want to see the Ligue 1 title in Lyon year in year out, will you do your all to do that ?

Zidane - Yes, i will do my all to bring the title here

www.olweb.fr - There has been rumors that you are looking into bringing Karim Benzema back to the club, can you confirm the rumours ?

Zidane - I would love him to come here, but i dont think he will be willing to come back here

talkSport - Will you be signing any new players ?

Zidane - Most likely yes, there may be a couple of new signings here

Zinedine_Zidane_2008.jpg

Very basic opening but KIU and i will see how your doing now and then take a look at my story for some ideas :)

Decent start, good luck, should be looking to restore Lyon's French dominance. :D

Pretty good start, you could put a bit more detail in, but I'm sure you will ;)

Pretty good start, you could put a bit more detail in, but I'm sure you will ;)

Thanks guys, and yeah will do, your story is great btw !

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

attachment.php

Zidane goes for youth

Zinedine Zidane has completed the signings of three new players

The first of the signings are the promising Striker Daniel Aquino for a fee believed to be around £4,000,000 from Real Murcia. He is a very fast and skilled Attacking Midfielder/Striker and will be back up to Yoann Gourcuff.

The second signing is a £15,000,000 move for Juan Manuel Mata from Valencia, he also can play in a variety of positions including Left Midfield, Attacking Midfield and up front. Mata will be most likely to partner Lopez up front.

The last of Zidane's signings is a £825,000 move for Huddersfield's goalkeeper Alex Smithies, He is a very talented goalkeeper to say that he is only 19 years of age and he will be back up for Lloris.

mata.jpg

Mata will have to win over the fans hearts to make up for his £15,000,000 price tag

Ligue 1 transfer rumours

Jermaine Jenas is been tracked by a number of French clubs including PSG and Marseille (BBCSport.com)

Unhappy forward Guiseppe Rossi has requested a transfer and is looking for a move to Lyon (The Sun)

Kim Kallstrom has been attracting interest from a variety of clubs including Inter Milan and Manchester City (Various)

PSG are closing in on the signature of free agent Toni Kallio (Various)

OGC Nice are trying to sign right winger Dennis Oliech on loan (Sky Sports News)

Lyon striker Lisandro Lopez may be given a way out as Real Madrid prepare a big money move for the Argentina international (Various)

Last edited:
good update, another player to look at, Alphonse Areola (sp?) from PSG, turns out world class, and he's only 85k or so :)

Nice signing in Mata, major :wub: for that. Good luck mate.

Nice signing in Mata, major :wub: for that. Good luck mate.

Thanks mate , means a lot

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

attachment.php

Zidane disgust at Mata been left out

Zinedine Zidane is shocked and disgusted that Juan Manuel Mata has been left out of Vincent Vel Bosque's Spain squad for the upcoming games against Belgium and Estonia, this is what he had to say;

' I think it is a terrible decision to leave Juan out of the squad, he is an exceptional player and he is as good as any. In my opinion he should definitely have been called up to the squad'

267811.png

Zidane is discusted that Mata has been left out

Lyon kick off the season on a high

Lyon kicked off the Ligue 1 campaign with an impressive 3-0 victory over Valenciennes. Lisandro Lopez opened the scoring after 23 minutes when Yoan Gourcuff played a superb through ball which he latched onto and took it past the keeper and passed it into the back of the open net. In the 47th minute Lyon were awarded a penalty after Cesar Delgado got tugged down, and up stepped a surprise player to take the kick and that player was Cris and he slotted it into the bottom right of the goal. Valenciennes soon pushed looking for a response and that came when Remi Gomis scored a consolation goal but for it only to be ruled out for offside. The game slowed down for a while after that but in the 78th minute we won a free kick on the edge of the area and Yoann Gourcuff stepped up and smashed it into the top left of the goal. The game ended 3-0 to Lyon.

The second game in Zidane's reign was away at RC Lens and well Lyon started on the up as in the 16th minute Lisandro Lopez scored his second goal in as many games to put them 1-0 up. 10 minutes later Bafetimbi Gomis scored an excellent strike from 25 yards out to put Lyon 2 up. 3 minutes later Lopez crossed the ball and in unfortunate circumstances Eric Chelle scored an own goal. The second half had no real chances at all and the game ended at 3-0 to Lyon.

Lyon's first Champions League game was a tough match against Anderlecht at the Stade de Gerland and it took Lyon only 6 minutes to open the scoring as Lopez slipped through Mata and he calmly slotted the ball past the keeper, 1-0 Lyon. In the 30th minute Lloris took the goal kick and Kallstrom flicked it on and Mata ran onto it cut inside and smashed the ball into the top corner of the goal and showed Del Bosque why he should be considered for selection. The second half was a pretty boring half until the last 10 or so minutes when Anderlecht stepped up the pressure and Romelu Lukaku smashed a shot against the bar, but Lyon held onto their lead and earned a 2-0 victory.

Lyon were looking to continue there 100% record with a win over FC Lorient and thats exactly what they got. Yoann Gouruff opened the scoring on 14 minutes with a shot from the edge of the area which skimmed the finger tips of the goalkeeper. In the 41st minute Gomis earned a penalty kick and Michel Bastos smashed it into the net. Soon after the break we were still on the up and in the 50th minute Michel Bastos bagged his second of the game with a delightful header from a Yoann Gourcuff corner . The match died down a bit from then on an Lyon got there 3rd 3-0 win of the season.

Now it is time for the return leg in the Champions League against Anderlecht and it was a boring match all around with no real chances for any teams, a 0-0 draw see's Lyonn through to the next round.

Nine in one out at Lyon

Kim Kallstrom has today left the club in a £15,000,000 move to Manchester City , Kallstrom welcomed the move to such a 'great' club. After Kallstrom left the club Zidane was quick to move for transfer listed Guiseppe Rossi and had soon completed a £10,000,000 move for the striker. Zidane also completed moves for the following youngsters (Regens) , Jaume Soler , Giancarlo Hurtado , Jose Manuel Velasquez , William Remy , Yassine El Ghanassy, Guillaume Desbordes and Yannis Salibur.

giuseppe_rossi.jpg

Many Lyon fans will rely on Rossi to score the goals for them since his move from Villereal

The final game of the month is an away fixture at FC Sochaux-Montbe, we started on the up as Rossi opened the scoring on his debut in the 25th minute with an excellent finish, 10 minutes later Jeremy Toulalan smashed in a shot from 25 yards out, we took control from then on but failed to convert many chances. The second half started and in the 52nd minute Lisandro Lopez completed the scoring with a brilliant finish. The game ended 3-0 to Lyon

Last edited:
Couple of good signings in Rossi and Mata, good luck mate.