lack of harmony problem

praise 2 or 3 of ur players recent form, ur best performing players
people who are unhappy look at their personal as they may have concerns( doesnt like team mate, wants new contract etc)

some people may want 2 move, want u 2 play them more. failing tht depending on who it is tht is unhappy u could just sell them and buy young replacements :)

I had it too, West Ham 2nd season (i took over in May in the first season and stopped them getting relegated). In the second season, i lost out on a champions league spot on the last day of the season and I had bad morale.. i had previously won the League cup aswell as beating Chelsea 5-0 :(

Never had the issue I guess. Probably from new signings?

I got the issue with Boro in my 5th season after winning the Prem 3 years running and the Champions League twice in a row. It was near the start of the season and we'd had a few poor 0-0 draws and I had a bit of a go at the team. Then when we win 5-0 against AIK in the Champions League group stages I ask the team why we can't play like this every week. Lo and behold the next days two thirds of my team have slight concerns and all come out in the press saying they are concerned with a lack of squard harmony. Wierd considering that every person has superb morale and we haven't lost in 55 league games. If anyone has a reasonable cure it would be much apperciated because nothing I have tried with praising players has worked and I can't call a team meeting.

Cheers.

it can be any number of reasons why the lack of harmony problem comes up. In general it all comes down to players being unhappy.
Reasons:
- team performing below expectations
- internal conflict between players/staff (players disliking eachother or staff members)
- giving players contract as 1st team or key player and then not playing them or only as subs over a greater period of time
- players thinking they are good enough for 1st team, but you decide not to play them as such because in your opinion they´re not as good as they think they are
- many players requesting transfer, will do your head in no matter if you grant them the request or not (obviously it´s gonna be worse if you don´t)
- unsettled players
- not allowing players to move clubs after getting offers for them or players wanting a new challenge
- selling players that are considered irreplacible by rest or most of the squad

there are plrobably even more reasons, but those are the most common i can think of.

Solution:
- offer improved contract (when they start complaining the 1st few times about the lack of 1st team football, gotta do this before they become unhappy) Keep in mind though that the same problem will come up again eventually unless you start giving them more time on the pitch.
- wait for new season to begin and hope they´ll chill (often they´ll ask you to stay if they asked you previously to be allowed to move clubs/requested transfer)
- try to sell players that are doing the harmony in (loaning them out won´t do much in my experience)
- wait and see if they resolve their problems (in the cases of disliking staff or other players or being unsettled)
- buy a replacement worthy of filling the footsteps of a keyplayer that you sold
- offer players that are looking for a new challenge a better contract before they officially state that they want to leave (backroom advice should give you a hint when it´s due to perform this action)

hope this helps a bit

About dismayed at the lack of harmony at the club

1.offer new contract to player,
2.buy world wide player
3. praise ur player for minimum choose "acceptable performance"
4. manager interaction with other manager
5. if got unhappy player n dun want improve contract or want move club n not allowing to moving club, just offer to other club with insane price, sure no club want buy that player, then continue 1 day, after that go change back their squad status n transfer to normal n offer new contract again.
6. Dont buy alot player in short time or declare interested to many player
7 have player tutor other player in ur squad if got many tutor more good
smile.gif

8. dont let ur assistant handle teamtalk.
9. play them abit using use current team selection when posible( only pick player rarely play)
10. Please responding to transfer speculation to make sure ur player know they very important in ur squad.
quite easy
razz.gif
& above all no player to sell out. actually im just copy back from my other post at thedugout forum ^^) I got this harmony problem when handle manchester city koz very rich haha, im go sell alot player n buy alot player.

Last edited: