Henry8597

Reaction score
I am currently in 2021 and I am struggling to replace my ageing right back with a top quality regen as there is literally none! Has anybody noticed this?

I've been fine, had to sell on a few as I had 3 great regen left-backs. It all depends on the game, it's completely random

In my current save in 2020, all top teams have outstanding fullbacks.

yeah like the others have said, all saves are different to others! maybe look to retrain some wingers if they have the necessary stats?

To be honest, by 2021 I doubt there's none, maybe you don't have much of a world scouting knowledge? Have a look at Gibbs, Jenkinson, Vrsaljko, Clyne, De Sciglio, etc. They will be ageing a bit but you should be able to get a few seasons out of them :)

**** i find more great full back regens then any other pos drives me mad i have 3 5 star left backs for my team and like 3 more coming though the youth its mad.......

Yeah there are a few good ones, but they are asking 40-50 million every time

I have always struggled with getting fullbacks. I tend to have a packed midfield and a limited number of defenders. Tbh you need to do a lot of scouting, its tedious work but search the individual attributes you're looking for

Paraguay, every decent regen fullback i have had come from south America or Africa

I found a right back that is south Korean with very good stats! Cost me 45 million, but with his stats I think he may actually be worth it, here he is:-

View attachment 333564

Good fullbacks aren't a rarity in my save fortunately.

Italy and Germany produce a fair few for me over my saves.
Best thing to do if you're really struggling is just retrain a CB or a defensive midfielder, I've done it a few times for other positions.

Yeah , I found one anyway as you can see from the screenshot, what do you think of him?

I seem to find lots of full backs, annoying as I don't use them I play with 3 CB's

No problem with finding quality regens in any position in now my 2019 save. I have found an over abundance of quality CBs though. I occasionally go onto the market and see which of these 10, quality 18yrs (mostly German), I can sign on a free. I signed one German CB on a free that is probably the best CB in the Premier League (rivals that French guy everyone is high on) and then my stupid Director of Football gave him a release clause of $11.5 million.

No problem with finding quality regens in any position in now my 2019 save. I have found an over abundance of quality CBs though. I occasionally go onto the market and see which of these 10, quality 18yrs (mostly German), I can sign on a free. I signed one German CB on a free that is probably the best CB in the Premier League (rivals that French guy everyone is high on) and then my stupid Director of Football gave him a release clause of $11.5 million.

That's the reason I don't give my D.O.F any responsibility atall! I usually release them at the start of every game as well. And by the French guy, you mean Zouma? He is my third choice behind two top quality regens that came through my academy

That's the reason I don't give my D.O.F any responsibility atall! I usually release them at the start of every game as well. And by the French guy, you mean Zouma? He is my third choice behind two top quality regens that came through my academy
Yep, Zouma. I let my DOF handle contracts because I hate to do that myself. This regen is valued close to $20 million and has been getting young player of the month rewards, but has a $11.5 million release clause. No one has came looking yet in the January transfer window. Idiots. Good thing I have a few more regens able to step into his shoes if he goes.

Yep, Zouma. I let my DOF handle contracts because I hate to do that myself. This regen is valued close to $20 million and has been getting young player of the month rewards, but has a $11.5 million release clause. No one has came looking yet in the January transfer window. Idiots. Good thing I have a few more regens able to step into his shoes if he goes.

Give him a new contract ASAP and give him a higher release clause or No release clause atall even if it costs you more money per week