Danyul

Reaction score
So I started a game with barca, keeping their philosophy of bringing young spanish talent through the youth team. With players like puyol, xavi, villa and abidal getting old i'd need good regens pretty sharpish.

Anyway the end of the season comes, regens are generated, so I open up player search with 2 filters:

- age at most 16 (to find the newest players)
- value at least 1.5m (because anything less is just a **** player, especially for barca standards

I get an overwhelming 6 players. Wtf? I have a large database, every spanish league loaded, and the other top 4 leagues at view-only, figuring I only want to sign spanish players anyway. Yet the funny thing is, out of those 6, 3 are french, 2 are brazilian (yet I have neither country loaded as playable) and only 1 is spanish. I check him, he's an overpriced piece of ****.

So I take off "filter out unrealistic targets". 1 more comes up. He's actually worthy of being a barca youth player, but he's at my rivals ath madrid and refused to sign.

So one of the best footballing countries produces ONE potentially good player (3+ stars) in 2 years (as regens are also generated in the first season). I used those same search filters in long fm10 saves and always had a good amount of quality regens to buy.

I saw my mate's game, he was at man city, and exactly the same thing happened with him regarding (lack of) english talent.

I know it's based on luck, but why would it be this bad to the point there's no reason to continue the save with no good players coming through. Has anything else had this happen? Did you carry on? Is this a bug or bad design?

I've also played 1+ season in 4 different saves and every single time the majority of any good regens are french, even if those leagues aren't loaded :S

good regens appear further into the game like 3 or 4 seasons later :S

good regens appear further into the game like 3 or 4 seasons later :S
It's random so they can/should start appearing by the second season. What i'm getting at is why is the randomizer so extreme that you can end up with absolutely nothing to work with? I wouldn't want to play 4 seasons just to finally start on my youth team. And my mate with man city is in his 4th/5th season now with still little to no top british talent :/

Messi is 23, Xavi is 30, Villa is 29, Iniesta is 26.
Do you not see they are all different ages? You aren't going to get 11 great regens for a nation every year. That would just be stupid. You get 1 Great regen every 2/3 years, 2-3 Good regens every year, then the rest are average or lower.

Messi is 23, Xavi is 30, Villa is 29, Iniesta is 26.
Do you not see they are all different ages? You aren't going to get 11 great regens for a nation every year. That would just be stupid. You get 1 Great regen every 2/3 years, 2-3 Good regens every year, then the rest are average or lower.
I wasn't expecting 11, around 3 a year was what I got on fm10 and that worked fine. But 1 in a year (or 2 years if you include the first season) makes it pointless carrying on.

(It was also disappointing to see the best youth facilities and network in the world produced players that wouldn't walk into accrington stanley).

Also to assume that they won't be good because there value is under £1.5M is foolish, not many 16 year olds will be valued at £1.5M so take that off, click view, attacking/defensive/physical and sort them by attributes, then you can see they're stats instead of making a false judgement.

Also to assume that they won't be good because there value is under £1.5M is foolish, not many 16 year olds will be valued at £1.5M so take that off, click view, attacking/defensive/physical and sort them by attributes, then you can see they're stats instead of making a false judgement.
From my experiences any 3 star or higher players come in at around 2-3m. I did drop the value to 1m with more coming up, but none of them being good enough.

EDIT: here's a quick screenshot showing the newest regens (16 or under) at value 750k, which is very generous. As you can see, so many french players, yet those leagues aren't loaded and spain is more likely to produce better players anyway since it's a better footballing nation.

Last edited:
From my experiences any 3 star or higher players come in at around 2-3m. I did drop the value to 1m with more coming up, but none of them being good enough.
Move the age to 17 then, and do what i said so you can actually see how good a player is, not their info.

On FM10, the future best striker in the world started off at £750k for me, before his value sky rocketed, I picked him up for £7.5m eventually and he was worth £35m before he was 20. Checked his PA after a while and it was actually 198, so you're being quite close minded assuming their value must be above a certain amount.

They're just 16, their stats will only become godly when they're 18+
Furthermore, I saw 1 regen before. He started his career in an unknown club. Then, some club bought him for like 50k. 2 seasons later, (I think Chelsea) bought him up and suddenly his value turned from 50k into 5 mil ++.
Then 3 seasons later (when he was 21), he was one of the top marksmen in Europe.

Ok fair enough, i'll take the search value off altogether. Say for example if you're looking for a future star fullback, what would you expect his key attributes to be? 12?

Don't just use the player search, get out there scouting man, my best player came from Granada and was valued at a princely 550k. He's just been voted best Champions League player and scored 40 goals this season. Get out there and get looking.

in the fifth season with man united i have 7 regens in my first team squad and many are playing regularly - i have a lot of potentials in the under 18s but probably only 2 or 3 of these will make into first team squad - note only one of the good regens came through my own youth system

for me 2011 has produced more better regens than 2010

You cant just find quality regens in player search. I spent about an hour going through virtually every club in the world for regens. I searched all the South American clubs, and scoured Under 17's nations for stars.

You can't get it all on player search. Also its good if you have more nations loaded such as Brazil, and stuff like that, as it boosts the amount of regens that appear in the game. Maybe put some nations of view only just for regens?

You can't get it all on player search. Also its good if you have more nations loaded such as Brazil, and stuff like that, as it boosts the amount of regens that appear in the game. Maybe put some nations of view only just for regens?
I do check U19 national teams. And I have premier league, bundesliga, ligue 1, serie a all set to view only but just so I could see how the league is going, whose winning it etc. I thought they have to be set to playable for regens to be generated?

I agree with checking the national sides and players below the £1m mark, but to be fair, my game's having a bit of a grim time producing good regens, too.