Lampard and Terry to miss England Qualifiers

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 1K

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Chelsea pair Frank Lampard and John Terry will miss Englands next 2 games against Bulgaria and Switzerland through injury. Lampard misses out because he requires a Hernia op and Terry misses out because of a hamstring problem and glute muscles which he says he picked up at the World Cup. Both are expected to be fit to face West Ham in Chelsea's next fixture. Is this good or bad news for England or does it even matter???

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2138475,00.html

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2138085,00.html

Last edited:
doesnt matter in my opinion, lampard wasnt great against hungary, and id rather see thudd there instead. and dawson over terry

Chelsea pair Frank Lampard and John Terry will miss Englands next 2 games against Bulgaria and Switzerland through injury. Lampard missis out because he requires a Hernia op and Terry missis out because of a hamstring problem and glute muscles which he says he picked up at the World Cup. Both are expected to be fit to face West Ham in Chelsea's next fixture. Is this good or bad news for England or does it even matter???

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2138475,00.html

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2138085,00.html
What has she got to di with this?! :D
In all seriousness, England will be fine, just a chance to try out some fringe players in place of them.

Good they're average for England anyway, give someone else a go.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Huddlestone isn't in the England squad then I will hunt down Capello and kick balls so far down his throat he'll never see them again..

Good they're ******* **** for England anyway, give someone else a go.

I don't think Terry has always been **** for England, i think he prefers a partnership with Rio. Terry needs to play along side a quick centre back because Terry lacks pace. When he plays along side Lescott/Dawson/Upson he is the main defender and gets slated because both defenders are not quick but because Terry is the main defender he gets slated. He definatly has not lost anything from his game if the start of the season is anything to go by, and who is partnering him yes a quick-ish centre back in Alex.

If Huddlestone isn't in the England squad then I will hunt down Capello and kick balls so far down his throat he'll never see them again..
thudd and carrick should be competing for that spot, and thudd should be the one starting with carrick on the bench

He should be and there is also a space for Rodwell now Lamps will miss out.

I don't think Terry has always been **** for England, i think he prefers a partnership with Rio. Terry needs to play along side a quick centre back because Terry lacks pace. When he plays along side Lescott/Dawson/Upson he is the main defender and gets slated because both defenders are not quick but because Terry is the main defender he gets slated. He definatly has not lost anything from his game if the start of the season is anything to go by, and who is partnering him yes a quick-ish centre back in Alex.
he has lost half a yard that he couldnt afford to in the first place. thats what catching him out as well as his typically aggressive nature, dives when he should stay on his feet

best thing that could happen for England, now all we need is rooney to get injured.

best thing that could happen for England, now all we need is rooney to get injured.

Hey what a great idea! Tell you what, let's go out with snipers and pick off Gerrard, Cole, Johnson and Barry too!

oO)

This isn't a bad thing for England. We need to blood new youngsters, and being forced into it is no bad thing. So long as we win, of course.

he has lost half a yard that he couldnt afford to in the first place. thats what catching him out as well as his typically aggressive nature, dives when he should stay on his feet

i honestly think he is being abit aggresive because everyone sees him as public enemy 1 now days and well with that bird (bridge's ex) coming out and saying me and Terry never slept together if its the truth he has got all this **** for nothing. could you honestly blame him for being abit aggressive and annoyed, last week N'Zogbia started it with a bad tackle on him, Terry got him back with what was a excellent challenge but could have been dangerous i agree.

I personly think and i said it at the time Terry is a type of player that strives with the armband on it seems to give him an extra 10%.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

we can tell you are not an England fan.

Its comments like that that makes we wish that Rooney would just retire from international football. Clowns

nah i didnt mean it really i love Rooney just seems to be ages since he actually tried for England.

i honestly think he is being abit aggresive because everyone sees him as public enemy 1 now days and well with that bird (bridge's ex) coming out and saying me and Terry never slept together if its the truth he has got all this **** for nothing. could you honestly blame him for being abit aggressive and annoyed, last week N'Zogbia started it with a bad tackle on him, Terry got him back with what was a excellent challenge but could have been dangerous i agree.

I personly think and i said it at the time Terry is a type of player that strives with the armband on it seems to give him an extra 10%.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

we can tell you are not an England fan.
the only ay to get people of his back is take it on the chin and come out with performance after pefomance, ie beckham, and ronaldo even won over people after the euros becuase of a stunning season. hitting back wont help him

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

nah i didnt mean it really i love Rooney just seems to be ages since he actually tried for England.
he always tries for england, hes just woefully off form. got his first goal in 13 games today.

Well slating him and booing him when he gets subbed is a great way to get him motivated to play for England :S

On topic: it gives the younger/fringe players a chance and may provide a better balance to the midfield for once

You're not very bright, are you? You can level quite a few criticisms at Rooney, but he ALWAYS tries his hardest, especially for England.

I don't thinks its not about trying, i just think its a case of wrong tactics a communication problem with the coach.

I don't thinks its not about trying, i just think its a case of wrong tactics a communication problem with the coach.
we need to start the games the way we ended the last one, playing 4-2-3-1, with the wingers cutting in, and gerrard right up behind rooney (it was zamora at the end last game but hes a doubt),

Back