LAN Party: i26

Jamie

Reaction score
Well Ive been invited to go to a LAN party and I was wondering if anyone else was up for a bit of superfast online gaming/other IT and computer stuff.

For those of you who don't know what a LAN party is, it is basically a place were nerds take their PC's to use the high qulaity facilities availble there. Facilities such as 100mg broadband, that downloads at a rate of 2mgs per second (Gregor be calm).

Its not free and its not that cheap either, plus your reccomended to bring your own pc. Not sure why as they have the latest models and gaming pc's there but maybe some nerds feel comfortable with their own systems or they wish to take advantage of the super fast internet to download specific files to their hardrives.

i26 is a 3-day celebration of computer gaming, including a huge BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) LAN party and an unhealthy amount of fun. It all takes place 11-13th November at Newbury Racecourse, Berkshire in the United Kingdom. Read on to find out more!

Quick info:

9 AM on Friday 11th November to 6pm on Sunday the 13th of November 2005.
100 Mbps internet connection courtesy of BT (use restricted*).
1000+ BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) spaces.
£65 for Participant BYOC ticket (covers all 3 days).
£5 per day for Spectator entry.
Free camping and caravan space and full showering facilities included.
On-site catering and bar.
Services Available: Early Arrival (Thursday night arrival), Co-location Servers, Monitor Rental, Laptop Network Connections, Wireless Laptop Connections

The next one is in November and it is the biggest one in Britain, more info here:

http://www.multiplay.co.uk/i26/

Has anyone every been to a LAN party and would you reccomend it? It sounds good but im not sure if it would be worth the money and the effort to get down there.

What game do you play Jamie or would you just be spectating?

They look pretty geeky but if you're into all the games and things it's pretty good. They show them on Gamer.Tv on Bravo quite a bit and it's just 1000's of people playing CS, Doom, etc... And they have nice healthy diets of Crisps and Pizza.

Yeah I know my reputation would be at risk if I went there too :p

Im not sure what game I would be playing, hopefully games along the lines youve mentioned. There is also a "console lounge" so hopefully it will have Halo 2, even if its not against the rest of the world on live but against a few people in the same room as me, Id be happy with that. I think the food is free aswell and there is a local bar which is free too :D

What Reputation? We already know you're a Halo geek. :D

It is fun playing against people in the same room as you, reminds me of year 11 at school when someone (sean & his pal) installed Doom onto the year 11 server and we played deathmatches while we where supposed to be working and we would shout "yesssss, who was that I just killed?" or "wtf?! who's that person in red shooting me!!!!" Considering the class was all quit it shows how stupid our teacher was. :D

Ah secondary school in year 11, memories.

Im the best **** Halo 2 geek there is Lee and you know it :D

Your rep wont get ruined Jamie.

1) Only g33ks go to those things
2) If they are on tv, It will be on gamestation or something which only g33ks watch
3) Im a g33k for typing 'geek' the way i do :(

I was talking about the speed of downloading, 2megs per second. You could have all the midget **** youve always wanted Greg.