Landon Donovan wants move back to Everton.

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 3K
He's a class player, USA would off been lost without him.

No Doubt about this ever.....its only the MLS Chief who keeps insisting he wont go to Everton

EDIT: Landon Donovan wants to *get the **** out of the MLS

Meh, doubt this is true.

I watched him in an interview before United played the MLS All-Stars and he said his only focus at the moment was with Galaxy, but he hinted at a move elsewhere during the off season in the MLS.

A player of his quality shold not be rotting in MLS,but he should look to furhter improve his skills in EPL

A player of his quality shold not be rotting in MLS,but he should look to furhter improve his skills in EPL
hes hardly rotting in the mls is he? its not everton who turned him into a good player, he arrived at them one. a lot of people do the MLS, and the US side, a dis-service.

hes hardly rotting in the mls is he? its not everton who turned him into a good player, he arrived at them one. a lot of people do the MLS, and the US side, a dis-service.

Basically I meant that he is a good player and he wont improve much more if he keeps playing against lower quality opposition in the MLS

Best news I've heard this summer too :D He done very well at Everton, and quickly became a 'fans favourite' so I wouldn't be able to see why he wouldn't want to come back :)

Best news I've heard this summer too :D He done very well at Everton, and quickly became a 'fans favourite' so I wouldn't be able to see why he wouldn't want to come back :)
No doubt he wants to come back Chris, just whether we can force Galaxy into accepting an offer with the limited funds we have, or whoever necessary don't really understand the rules of the MLS.

you wont be able to force them, since the MLS isnt really after the money, its about promoting the brand its why they pay big money wages to donovan henry beckham angel etc, to promote the sport and make it bigger any deal other than a loan one is pretty unlikely to be honest

you wont be able to force them, since the MLS isnt really after the money, its about promoting the brand its why they pay big money wages to donovan henry beckham angel etc, to promote the sport and make it bigger any deal other than a loan one is pretty unlikely to be honest
But surely if a player makes a request to leave...

Mush as I think he and Everton would like to see it happen, it won't, for the rreasons Madsheep just listed :)

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

But surely if a player makes a request to leave...

He can request all he likes, but if Galaxy dont want to let him go, then it's out of his hands.

I don't see him playing anywhere apart from Galaxy during the MLS season at all. Maybe in their 'off-season'.

Mush as I think he and Everton would like to see it happen, it won't, for the rreasons Madsheep just listed :)

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

He can request all he likes, but if Galaxy dont want to let him go, then it's out of his hands.
Yes, but as madsheep said its not Galaxys problem, it's the MLS therefore my point was, if there goal is to promote the brand/game then surely a disgruntled, want-away is not a preferable face of football..

i dont think hes that disgruntled at all, he likes playing for galaxy. he also enjoys the importance of his role in promoting the sport (easily the most popular and wekl known player in the mls), even though he clearly liked playing for everton. if/when the mls say no, hes not gonna put up a fuss, its not like they are against a loan move

Thats true, but on the other hand, Donovan is America's biggest player, he promotes 'soccer' the most out of the American players, so if he came to England, more American's will start watching it for Donovan, maybe start supporting the team he is playing for or against and he can promote the MLS all he wants over here, thus the MLS having a much wider audience.

Back