Landon Donovan wants move back to Everton.

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 3K
i dont think hes that disgruntled at all, he likes playing for galaxy. he also enjoys the importance of his role in promoting the sport (easily the most popular and wekl known player in the mls), even though he clearly liked playing for everton. if/when the mls say no, hes not gonna put up a fuss, its not like they are against a loan move

Yeah, I think he enjoys play for Los Angeles. It's his home town and he's been with the club forever. He's tried playing in Europe before and frankly, with the exception of his loan at Everton, he's been extremely poor outside of the USA.

IMO, if the opportunity presented itself, he'd take it. But he's perfectly content to stay where he is.

Thats true, but on the other hand, Donovan is America's biggest player, he promotes 'soccer' the most out of the American players, so if he came to England, more American's will start watching it for Donovan, maybe start supporting the team he is playing for or against and he can promote the MLS all he wants over here, thus the MLS having a much wider audience.
i can see where you are coming from but it wouldnt work as well if he was to leave.

The MLS needs to bee seen to be bringing in the big, and not as being unable to hold. people pay money to see these players, they wanna head down to the stadium and watch them live and support their team, and have donovan, or angel on their shirt, not on the tv at odd times cause they 5-8 hours behind, depending on where you are in the US. and with the impactof the world cup its about to surge, for the last 5 season the all star game has attraced an average crowd of 23,000. when they played united 2 days ago it was 73,000. its booming and they wanna show the stars off

i can see where you are coming from but it wouldnt work as well if he was to leave.

The MLS needs to bee seen to be bringing in the big, and not as being unable to hold. people pay money to see these players, they wanna head down to the stadium and watch them live and support their team, and have donovan, or angel on their shirt, not on the tv at odd times cause they 5-8 hours behind, depending on where you are in the US. and with the impactof the world cup its about to surge, for the last 5 season the all star game has attraced an average crowd of 23,000. when they played united 2 days ago it was 73,000. its booming and they wanna show the stars off

I agree with that too, and can't say something in return because I'll be saying it all wrong. All I'm trying to say is that Donovan can promote American football in a football mad country, possibly gaining the attention of more football fans with MLS growing worldwide, whereas if Donovan stays in America the target audience could only be Americans, so if he moves to Everton and wants to rep up the league its a better way of doing it, but I see your point too

I agree with that too, and can't say something in return because I'll be saying it all wrong. All I'm trying to say is that Donovan can promote American football in a football mad country, possibly gaining the attention of more football fans with MLS growing worldwide, whereas if Donovan stays in America the target audience could only be Americans, so if he moves to Everton and wants to rep up the league its a better way of doing it, but I see your point too

The target audience they want to reach is the Americans mate. Landon Donovan is one of the few genuine US stars they can point to. I can see another loan move happening towards the end of the January transfer window which might be of interest to Moyes and Kenwright. Would be amazed if Donovan was allowed to go back to Everton permanently when Manchester City have been told where to stick their money.

dont worry i can fully understand where you are coming from, hes just too important to the MLS for them to let him go. as zebedee says its america first, then everywhere else. perversely, if the MLS was a bigger bran, then they maybe would let him. but right now it needs players of his appeal much more than they need the cash

I know what your point is Zedebee, they want more American's to watch the sport therefore he'll promote it in America, because if he moves to England and wants American's watch the MLS when they don't even watch football around Europe, there won't be much point. Anyway, if we do manage to sign him it will be brilliant because he really gelled into the league and team straight away and easily. Would love to see him in an Everton shirt once again, should Pienaar decide to leave.

If Donovan left the MLS he wouldn't promote it at all, it would just be saying that all the best U.S players will leave the MLS, if the best players leave, people will stop watching it and watch Donovan play in other league's instead and that would not be good for the game. Besides, Donovan enjoys playing in U.S.A and he is a great player and proved it on the International stage, the quality of the MLS is not as bad as people suggest.

it was reported in one of the papers, today that you where selling yak to west ham for 9 million to fund a move for donovan

it was reported in one of the papers, today that you where selling yak to west ham for 9 million to fund a move for donovan
why would we pay 9mil for a strong ingury prone striker we already have McCarthey for that role :@

Back