amidsttundra

Reaction score
So, I'll give a little background to this. A few years ago I wrote a novel based on a fictional island called Nyrkraj, it's an Arctic Island with large mineral resources and a political condominium between Russia and Norway but with a significant Anglo-American business presence. As an avid sports management player, I've worked my island into several iterations of OOTP Baseball and Franchise Hockey Manager, however the FM editor always seemed a bit impenetrable.
Well anyway, I work at sea and have a lot of down time with few distractions and I decided I'd school myself on the FM17 editor, I created 40 clubs, three divisions and several cup competitions, one national and one divided between Norwegian and Russian settlements. I started by using East Germany and editing that, however because I couldn't change the continent, I couldn't get make the league playable, so instead I re-purposed Kosovo from Claassen's excellent work, changed the national languages, where teams would typically transfer, rivals etc. Each region has a different language makeup due to the nature of the island, so far so good.
Installed the leagues into the game and it worked, however at least 33% of the players have Albanian names. I've tried several fixes, completely deleting the Albanian language, removing all Kosovo players in the database incase they're informing the fake player naming, nothing seems to work, while most of the players are correctly named with Norwegian or Russian names, a chunk are still Albanian. It isn't unplayable, all the leagues and cups interact properly, I just cannot straighten out the Albanian name issue and I'm wondering if it's something more deeply embedded within the database that I cannot reach through the editor.
Another issue I have found is my teams do not get included into continental cups, I think I've uncovered a fix for this but I haven't had a chance to test my theory, I suspect that Kosovo is perhaps not listed amongst the mandatory nations under the continent tab.
One final issue, not related to my own database efforts, last night I started a game using Claassen's database encompassing all the Caribbean nations. I work in the Caribbean, so I find myself interested in the game down there however I found a bit of an odd anomaly when I went to start a game in the mighty Montserrat championship in that several of my players have brilliantly English names like Shuttleworth (not the type of name you'd find commonly in the Caribbean) and he's also rather Caucasian. In fact many of my players are. It's an issue that only seems prevalent in the Montserrat league, so there's obviously a fix to it within the other nations, I just can't figure out what it is.