Blinx251

Reaction score
Hi, im considering downgrading my laptop as its way overpowered for what i use it for, did plan on playing all sorts of games but literally all i use it for is actually fm and youtube really. I'm absolutely terrible at looking for laptops and would appreciate any advice on a decent, cheap laptop that will run fm to an acceptable level. Thanks in advance.

What a strange question.
How can a laptop/PC be "way overpowered".

Its not like a more powerful laptop runs everything at lightening speed and you can't keep up?
Now if you are stuck for a few quid and need to sell it, buy something cheap and leave a few quid in your pocket, that would make more sense.

I mean in terms of the fact that its a 'gaming laptop' that i spent a lot of money on, planning to play loads of games but all i use it for is fm. I guess the better term is under utilised. That is my plan, get a much cheaper laptop but as i say, im awful at laptop shopping and dont really know how cheaply i can get a laptop capable of running fm and which ones to actually look at etc

I mean in terms of the fact that its a 'gaming laptop' that i spent a lot of money on, planning to play loads of games but all i use it for is fm. I guess the better term is under utilised. That is my plan, get a much cheaper laptop but as i say, im awful at laptop shopping and dont really know how cheaply i can get a laptop capable of running fm and which ones to actually look at etc

It's still a crazy post?
Does your current laptop play FM to a satisfactory level?
Yes?

Non existent problem solved (H)

What laptop have you currently got? Is it actually a gaming laptop? Or just a high end laptop?

Im assuming you want to sell your current one and replace it? If so, its kinda pointless as after your take into account depreciation, you are basically just straight swapping a good one for a worse one.