laptop and fm experts! advice needed!!!

Tracz

Reaction score
Im looking to get a new laptop soon as the one i use atm is my wifes and it isnt great at running fm, its slow, lags and thats with just the top 4 english leagues loaded!!!!
Ive been looking at a levano laptop with these specs :-
Windows 8.1
Processor- Intel® Core™ i3-4005U processor
- Dual-core
- 1.7 GHz
- 3 MB
4 GB DDR3L (16 GB maximum installable RAM)
1 TB, 5400 rpm

Would that run fm to a high standard? If more detail need to judge please ask. Ill do my best to find it.

Im looking to get a new laptop soon as the one i use atm is my wifes and it isnt great at running fm, its slow, lags and thats with just the top 4 english leagues loaded!!!!
Ive been looking at a levano laptop with these specs :-
Windows 8.1
Processor- Intel® Core™ i3-4005U processor
- Dual-core
- 1.7 GHz
- 3 MB
4 GB DDR3L (16 GB maximum installable RAM)
1 TB, 5400 rpm

Would that run fm to a high standard? If more detail need to judge please ask. Ill do my best to find it.

what is your budget? general rule of thumb for FM is more Ram and Processor the better.

Roughly £300-400

you will get something very decent for that price, best bet is to try and get something what suits your needs, like is it solely FM you play or would you like to dabble with other games? I just bought Toshiba, quad core 2.2 ghz apu processor, 8gb ram and has an independent graphics card for 360 pound on amazon, I would go as far to say it would run FM comfortably. But because I play strategy games needed the extra GPU juice.

you will get something very decent for that price, best bet is to try and get something what suits your needs, like is it solely FM you play or would you like to dabble with other games? I just bought Toshiba, quad core 2.2 ghz apu processor, 8gb ram and has an independent graphics card for 360 pound on amazon, I would go as far to say it would run FM comfortably. But because I play strategy games needed the extra GPU juice.

Mainly fm, and just bit of net surfing nothing major,
Youve lost me i have no idea about ram/gb/graphics/gpus

Priorities your CPU as they're difficult to upgrade (limited by mother board and socket type)
Make sure it supports DDR3 RAM and then you can upgrade that at a later date.

I picked up a cheap second hand Laptop with an Intel i3 processor for €200. Only had 1GB RAM but a trip to another second hand shop, €40 later and I had 2 sticks of 4GB RAM.

Boom, easy 8GB RAM with an i3.

Priorities your CPU as they're difficult to upgrade (limited by mother board and socket type)
Make sure it supports DDR3 RAM and then you can upgrade that at a later date.

I picked up a cheap second hand Laptop with an Intel i3 processor for €200. Only had 1GB RAM but a trip to another second hand shop, €40 later and I had 2 sticks of 4GB RAM.

Boom, easy 8GB RAM with an i3.

Omg im lost lol.

http://www.littlewoods.com/lenovo-i...tySkuId=noWarranty&warrantyName=&restore=true
That work?

Last edited: