Any suggestions on a laptop for fm18?
About £300.
This is what i was looking at.
HP 15-bw034na,*AMD E2,*4Gb*RAM,*1Tb*Hard Drive, 15.6 inch Laptop - Grey | very.co.uk

Thanks
Tracz

What kind of performance are you looking for. How many league o you want to lead? What are you experiencing right now and what are you looking for performance wise in an upgrade. \

The problem with a lot of cheap laptops are, well, they're cheap. They have a budget processor that cant handle resource intensive games and since FM is essentially an interactive database, you want something with a lot of processing power; unfortunately, that's going to cost you £500+, unless you're willing to take a hit in the game speed and performance... so back to the initial question: What kind of performance are you looking for.

What kind of performance are you looking for. How many league o you want to lead? What are you experiencing right now and what are you looking for performance wise in an upgrade. \

The problem with a lot of cheap laptops are, well, they're cheap. They have a budget processor that cant handle resource intensive games and since FM is essentially an interactive database, you want something with a lot of processing power; unfortunately, that's going to cost you £500+, unless you're willing to take a hit in the game speed and performance... so back to the initial question: What kind of performance are you looking for.

Well im currently having to experience fm17 touch. Which just does not hit the spot.
I used to deal with 3 1/2 stars, that was with top 4 in england, top in france, italy and germany, spain, brazil loaded.
I might be able to push to like £350. But its sole use is fm. So wifey wouldn't be to happy me spending much more.

Thanks

Well im currently having to experience fm17 touch. Which just does not hit the spot.
I used to deal with 3 1/2 stars, that was with top 4 in england, top in france, italy and germany, spain, brazil loaded.
I might be able to push to like £350. But its sole use is fm. So wifey wouldn't be to happy me spending much more.

Thanks

What Iamuser posted would be perfect. I have one in my own laptop so I can personally vouch for it. It's a 7th gen i5 processor which can handle the intensive database side of the game. A lot of laptops with integrated Graphics (lie this one) are a bit sluggish with the 3D match Engine on so be aware of that. I've never noticed an issue with the 2D ME though.

THe SSD is a bit on a small side at only 128GB but if it's just for FM, and you're not trying to store lots of movies. ect, that should be fine for you.

4GB of RAM can be upgraded later which will help performance but it's something to invest in if you get on the wife good side and she dosn't mind parting with £60-£80 to bring it up to 8GB

Disclaimer: Because there's a new ME, we can't be sure what kind of performance will be like until it's up and running but I've good experience in the past when they last undated the game. I think it was the switch between FM 12 and FM13, FM13 ran so much faster on my Laptop so hopefully it'll be a similar story this year round.

So i7 im guessing is what i really need?
My tech knowledge is minimal/none.

Yes and no.

Put simply i3 < i5 < i7. However, the price difference, especially in a laptop between an i5 and i7 in terms of performance is not really worth it imo.

As Brendn said though, we are assuming that it will have the same specs as FM17. I dont think it has changed much over the last few games, so im not expecting it too, but you never know.

https://www.ebuyer.com/800868-lenovo-v110-laptop-80th0013uk

Something like this wouldnt bee too bad. Its a tiny bit more than £350, but something with an i5 wouldnt be too bad.

I wonder if the new Ryzen laptop range will prove to be better value than the Intel range. Ryzen chips are proving to be exceptional value when paired against the Intel range in desktop CPU's and in some cases being better. I have Intel CPU myself but after reading benchmarks I'm switching to Ryzen.

Got my new job at the perfect time lol

I wonder if the new Ryzen laptop range will prove to be better value than the Intel range. Ryzen chips are proving to be exceptional value when paired against the Intel range in desktop CPU's and in some cases being better. I have Intel CPU myself but after reading benchmarks I'm switching to Ryzen.

Got my new job at the perfect time lol

I trust the intel i-series because they've always gotten me to where I need to be but it's like a striker in FM - as long as it does the job, it's not better or worse than the competition :p

Best thing to do is google the name of the CPU and add the words "benchmark." and you'll see how it compares against other CPUs - And if that is double dutch to you, just post the laptop here and we can give you a hand telling you if it's worth taking a punt on :)

So am i only looking at intel? Are the amd processors any good?

i need a new laptop to play the game an am hopeless at computers can anyone recomend a good laptop for 350 to 450 euros