Laptop help

Spicer666

Reaction score
Sorry to start another laptop thread but,

I was in PC World today, looking for a new laptop, mainly to play Football Manager. Only get a small budget, so was expecting to get an amazing laptop. Go in, find out that the ones I was originally looking at won't even RUN the game, as the graphics card is pants. Is this true?

If so, would something like this be a suitable choice.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-aspire-5551-06077277-pdt.html

Help will greatly appreciated.

Sorry to start another laptop thread but,

I was in PC World today, looking for a new laptop, mainly to play Football Manager. Only get a small budget, so was expecting to get an amazing laptop. Go in, find out that the ones I was originally looking at won't even RUN the game, as the graphics card is pants. Is this true?

If so, would something like this be a suitable choice.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-aspire-5551-06077277-pdt.html

Help will greatly appreciated.

think that should work. the laptop i'm using is pretty sh** but manages to run it.

I'd personally stay away from Acer, not the best. Will take a look on PC World for mines, not expensive and rins it pretty smoothly.

I'd personally stay away from Acer, not the best. Will take a look on PC World for mines, not expensive and rins it pretty smoothly.

I have an Acer Aspire runs very smoothly and looks well enough.

Alright. Any particular Acer Aspire, or would any run it smoothly?

Question is!!
Why buy a laptop??

If you want it to do the job of a desktop?? Buy a desktop.

Football manager runs as sweet as a nut on my laptop :)

Question is!!
Why buy a laptop??

what he said. if your looking for performance desktops are alot better and cheaper

Question is!!
Why buy a laptop??

I want something I can take to school and do work on (the computers at my school are always in use or broken). Also, I've got no space in my room (guitars and stuff), so I wan't something small

FM does a huge amount of disk reads and writes.
Most laptop HD's are running at 5400 RPM, which will kill your FM experience.

An acer should work fine for 2-3 league's although if you can get an Alienware,its a beast,16 league's and game performance is still 5 stars

An acer should work fine for 2-3 league's although if you can get an Alienware,its a beast,16 league's and game performance is still 5 stars

He's on a small budget, Alienware are extrememly overpriced.

Maybe look into one of the cheaper Sony Vaio's.

I've been using Acer Extensa (bought it 2nd hand but was upgraded). I've been running FM in it and so far there's no problem.

My friend has the 13" Macbook Pro the cheapest of them and it runs the game with out problems. It doesn't have the best specs. Not much is required to run FM10, but i think the General or Off Topic chat is the wrong place to post this generally...

I've given up with a laptop, as they we are too expensive: the good ones anyway. Took the advice of getting a desktop: an Acer Aspire; had pretty good specs for £400.