Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Hello guys I wonder if anyone can help me. My six year old Hp laptop is knackered so I need to get a new one. I'd like to play all the major leagues plus a large database. The only other things I'd use it for would be I-tunes, photos and word. On another post someone recommended this laptop - Cheap Deals | Currys
should I go for that or pay the extra and go for an I book? I'm pretty useless with computers and was fed up with my laptop constantly updating and slowing down.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Sorry guys I told you I was rubbish with computers! The Laptop someone recommended is a Lenovo Z580 for £550. For some reason I can't put the link on here!

Reaction score
I have the same Lenovo, the i7 model which im assuming by the price this is. I'd definitely get the Lenovo for Fm. Superfast and smooth performance. I run 10 leagues from 6 countries at 4.5 stars out of 5 for speed and 5 out of 5 for performance. Only downer is a 3D rating of 2.5 stars. Still excellent though.

Reaction score
Cheers Woody, I play matches as only commentary. Ill have a closer look at the Lenovo. It does seem crazy to pay nearly a grand on a Mac book just to play Football manager!

Reaction score
Just another question. Jp woody did the lonovo laptop come with excel and word pre-loaded?

Reaction score
More Laptop help please
I was wondering if anyone could have a look at this laptop and let me know if it would be any good for Fm13. I like to play all the major leagues plus a large database. I also don't watch the game in 3-d mode I play with only commentary. This is the laptop Amazon
I was looking at buying the Lenovo Z580 but the price has jumped up to £580.
Am I best off paying the extra and getting the Lenovo?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009...sr=8-2&pi=SL75
Many thanks in advance my budget is £500-£600

Reaction score
what ever you do never buy a computer or laptop, from stores always go online, stores are to dear for what you get,

i recommend an i5 with at least 4gb ram minimum