Laptop Shutdown Whilst Playing Football Manager 2014

ryanferns

Reaction score
Hello, I know there are various links to this kind of thing on the internet but none of them are really recent and I'm not the best with this kind of thing. :(

I have been playing football manager 2014 on this laptop perfectly fine from when it came out until yesterday when every time I turned it on, it would work perfectly fine for a while then without warning my laptop just turned itself off. My laptop doesn't seem to do it when I'm just browsing on the internet and I don't really play any other games.

The day before I downloaded some new facepack for regens and I thought it may have had something to do with that as I thought it was coincidental that this started happening as soon as I downloaded that but I got rid of it and tried to play the game again and the same thing happened...

I'm not sure what it is or why it is happening so I just wondered if anybody could please help and guide me through possible solutions thank you! |)

My laptop specs are as follows:
Acer Aspire 5755G
Intel core i7-2670QM 2.2GHz
with turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, Up to 3765 MB TurboCache
6GB GB DDR3 Memory
750GB HDD

It overheating most likely, google it, you can find out how to open the shutdown report.

I'm just leaving work but have a google about i'll be back on in an hour or so.

Hey, thanks for replying! I've googled stuff like shutdown report however I can't find anything of any use :'( Wow I really am bad at this sort of thing...

It overheating most likely, google it, you can find out how to open the shutdown report.

I'm just leaving work but have a google about i'll be back on in an hour or so.

Okay I think I may have found something. I've gone on to computer management and gone on event viewer and found a critical event which says Kernel-Power. Has this got anything to do with it maybe? Thanks

It will definitely be overheating, my old laptop did this when it got a bit old. The battery messed up and I had to keep it plugged in to AC, so first off try without being plugged in. Then I took out the battery as it was useless and this helped but obviously you shouldn't need to, but it might be a short term solution? Finally, and probably most useful, make sure you're not playing on a bed or something. Place your laptop on a table, if this doesn't help then place a fan on it, again this might not help because it depends on how badly it's overheating and where exactly it's overheating. I know nothing technical about computers but all this helped me. Whether it will help you or not I can't guarantee but I figured it was worth trying.

I had the same problem a while back mate with this,what i done was take the battery out as like yours the battery in mines is useless too,but i also invested in a "cooling fan" which has helped enormously.This will help defenitely.