Laptops for FM

Faisal-91

Reaction score
This is my current laptop and FM2009 seems to run fairly slowly. It is a Toshiba Equium M50-164.
http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.c...DUCT_ID=106432

I was looking at a Dell Inspiron 15 which I customised so it had...
2.0 GHz Processor
15.6" Widescreen LCD TFT
4096MB Memory (4GB RAM??)
320GB Hard Drive
Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD Graphics Card
DVD/RW Drive
6-Cell Battery
Dell Wireless 1397 Mini Card
1.3 Mega Pixel Integrated Web Cam

This totals upto £448 or I could get a 250GB Hard Drive for £423.

I am about to start Uni so obviously want a laptop that will last me for a good few years. Also, I want to be able to play Football Manager 2009 and future FM games at a good speed, so my only concern was whether the graphics card listed above was suitable for this, as I have read some reviews that state this Graphics card is not recommended for playing games, so do you think it is in my interest to get a new laptop and this one in particular, thanks.

I have a toshiba equium a200 - 1vo and mine fm runs perfect

That laptop looks fine to run FM on mate. Processor is enough, RAM is definitely enough, and the video card is hardly a big deal when it comes to running FM 2009.

If however, you want to run more graphically-intensive games, then you won't be able to realistically with an integrated graphics card.

Thanks. FM is the only proper game I will be running on the laptop as I have a PS3 at home for games and blu-rays etc. so I will now try and persuade the parents to get me a new laptop haha :p

This is my current laptop and FM2009 seems to run fairly slowly. It is a Toshiba Equium M50-164.
http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.c...DUCT_ID=106432

I was looking at a Dell Inspiron 15 which I customised so it had...
2.0 GHz Processor
15.6" Widescreen LCD TFT
4096MB Memory (4GB RAM??)
320GB Hard Drive
Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD Graphics Card
DVD/RW Drive
6-Cell Battery
Dell Wireless 1397 Mini Card
1.3 Mega Pixel Integrated Web Cam

This totals upto £448 or I could get a 250GB Hard Drive for £423.

I am about to start Uni so obviously want a laptop that will last me for a good few years. Also, I want to be able to play Football Manager 2009 and future FM games at a good speed, so my only concern was whether the graphics card listed above was suitable for this, as I have read some reviews that state this Graphics card is not recommended for playing games, so do you think it is in my interest to get a new laptop and this one in particular, thanks.

Before you go out and get one you can get discounts on laptops as a student, so maybe look into this? Not sure if this requires the student card or just the confirmation from ucas

Where you studying? :)

Before you go out and get one you can get discounts on laptops as a student, so maybe look into this? Not sure if this requires the student card or just the confirmation from ucas

Where you studying? :)

Yeah I thought about waiting until I start Uni so I can see what discounts I can get and that but Dell's are meant to be one of the best-priced laptops and of good quality, plus you can customise it, so it is how you want it to be. I don't think I will find a better laptop for a cheaper price unless anyone can recommend me one :p

And I'm gonna be studying at Sheffield Hallam mate. :D

run the game pefectly on a compaq presario xp era. But i run it in 2d mode.

I have a Dell.

I got it on their outlet site, XPS M1530 with all the trimmings for 680 quid. Although that was a while ago, probably cheaper now given the circumstances.

iv got a dell inpiron 15, when i first got it had koads of problems but dell are very good at fixing it free of charge. the match engine is a bit slow on mine but is still easily watchable.

I got a dell inspiron 15 for my birthday yesterday :p It's very fast but it's new so I suppose it will be :p

my laptop is wooden and the power is a hamster on a wheel it can run fm for 5 mins a day but cost £5

iv got a dell inpiron 15, when i first got it had koads of problems but dell are very good at fixing it free of charge. the match engine is a bit slow on mine but is still easily watchable.
What sort of problems mate?