Larsson goal may sink Rangers' European ambitions!

Aw gotta love the Celtic fans on this, when was the last time you lot actually seen through a tie in Europe ? We'll win in Malmo, simply because we cannot play any worse, and they are a very very average side. Worth noting despite how awful we were tonight, that if Naismith could hit the ball in a straight line from 6 yards out, and if Whittaker hadn't made that error, we would've won comfortably.

McGregor saved your ***** (again), your bringing up your missed chances saying if we had have taken these, but if Malmo had taken all there chances it would have been 4/5-0.

My comment was just for lulz, btw :p

I want to see Rangers go through. It'd be good for Scottish football in general. =]

Loving the confidence from the Rangers fans here. 1 win in their last 22 European ties, 5 goals in the last 12 games... yet they're DEFINITELY going to go through.

Love it.

"He's just a fat Paul Le Guen..."

To be honest, Celtic and Rangers haven't got a leg to stand on when it comes to having a pop at each other, both are pretty rubbish in Europe so lets move on

Last edited:
rangers were ***** fair and square but malmo are half way thourgh there season and we have only played one game but still doesn't make up for it

both are ***** and i hate them both! hate rangers a little more though for trashing manchester!
both **** in europe apart from celtic '67!

hate rangers a little more though for trashing manchester!

Tbh, Manchester was/is a **** hole anyway, before Rangers fans redecorated.

Either way, there is still another game to play, maybe the Rangers players will be up to match sharpness, because they didn't look that way in the game last night.

Love all these Celtic fans jizzing, where are Celtic in the Champions League?? oh wait...

Tbh, Manchester was/is a **** hole anyway.
some bits are, like any other cities, but most parts are way better than the national average.
where rangers trashed is certainly not a shithole. can i ask how many times you have been to manchester and if so where abouts in manchester? if you haven't been i suspect you are going off stereotypes like shameless/ coronation street which are both set in fictional regions.

rangers were ***** fair and square but malmo are half way thourgh there season and we have only played one game but still doesn't make up for it
And Malmo are currently 7th in their league, shows how much quality they have in thei ranks.

We also got to the Champions League final in '70 and the Uefa Cup final in '03. I know we arent that great in Europe over the years but I wouldnt call us **** in Europe.

Last edited:
both are ***** and i hate them both! hate rangers a little more though for trashing manchester!

Perhaps if the event was policed or ran efficiently, the whole thing would have been avoided.

Think a lot of the comments on this thread have been very harsh. Scotland isn’t exactly a large nation with a bounty of funds or quality coming into it. The only sides that have much of a chance in Europe are the old firm. Both have managed Europa League finals in the last decade.

Rangers over achieved last season in Europe, drawing at Old Trafford & getting to the last 16? Of the Europa league, pretty decent for a financially crippled club whose best player couldn’t get a game for Aston Villa or Fulham.

Oh and Celtic fans... pot, kettle, black?

how many european cups/ champions leagues or world club champs have 'the most succesful team in the world' won?
1 less than their neighbours thats for sure
i don't understand why i've got an infraction for this? just stating facts. others have done much worse and not recieved an infraction on this site.

Last edited:
Perhaps if the event was policed or ran efficiently, the whole thing would have been avoided.

Think a lot of the comments on this thread have been very harsh. Scotland isn’t exactly a large nation with a bounty of funds or quality coming into it. The only sides that have much of a chance in Europe are the old firm. Both have managed Europa League finals in the last decade.

Rangers over achieved last season in Europe, drawing at Old Trafford & getting to the last 16? Of the Europa league, pretty decent for a financially crippled club whose best player couldn’t get a game for Aston Villa or Fulham.

Oh and Celtic fans... pot, kettle, black?

Thing what I don't understand is, how come all the money has dried up in Scottish football? I lived in Scotland 85-91, and did enjoy watching scottish football, as there were some really good players then. What caused it all to cave in so spectacularly?

i don't understand why i've got an infraction for this? just stating facts. others have done much worse and not recieved an infraction on this site.
Sigh.... didnt you learn from the first infraction?

Rangers would be nowhere without Allan McGregor , saved them on Sunday and effectively won them the league last year with some of his saves. But i am not going to slag off Rangers' performances in Europe till I see Celtic play considering what happened to them last year.

Thing what I don't understand is, how come all the money has dried up in Scottish football? I lived in Scotland 85-91, and did enjoy watching scottish football, as there were some really good players then. What caused it all to cave in so spectacularly?

There is a multitude of reasons I think mate.

TV Money has to be the main one. The rise of the Premiership & the increased revenue it has continued to bring has slowly ruined it for Scotland & the rest of Europe I guess. Players want to move south to prove themselves or just earn 3x the amount they can up here. The same can be said for attracting players. Craig Conway recently chose Cardiff over Rangers. Personally I would rather play for Scotland’s biggest club winning trophies & playing in Europe on a regular basis than going to the championship. Everyone wants to play in England.

When we lost our initial Sky deal, we were taken up by the BBC, who of course offered half of the amount clubs were getting before. Then Sky came back in with a good offer but Setanta offered more money. The clubs went for the cash being offered over stability with Sky and look what happened there. Clubs lost even more money.

The loss of TV funds means that ticket prices go up and attendances go down. Who really wants to pay £20 to watch Motherwell Vrs Inverness? It’s a vicious cycle.

Oh and the tv money we DO get isn’t split equally like it is in England. Like the Spanish it goes to the Old Firm and the rest get the scraps. Which in a way is fair enough, who wants to watch St Mirren V Kilmarnock on tv? Most people don’t even want to watch Rangers or Celtic anymore. But when 75% of the nation supports one or the other, you can see why they get the spoils.

Almost everyone in the league has some sort of debt, like most English clubs we don’t have the capital to get away with it. With the money Chelsea spent on Torres they could have purchased Rangers, Twice. The debt’s came from the need to have capacity stadiums (which are rarely filled) and the crazy 90’s when David Murray invested silly money into Rangers, allowing them to sign big players in England like Terry Butcher and Ray Wilkins who were attracted by the chance to play in Europe (English sides were banned) then it continued with the likes of Gattuso,Laudrup,Albertz,Gazza & so on.

Even at the turn of the millennium Celtic were splashing out 20m on Chris Sutton & John Hartson, while Rangers spent 11m (I think) on Tore Andre Flo.

What chance did everyone else have of keeping up? They would pay big wages they couldn’t afford and it’s cost us dearly. Motherwell used to pay John Spencer a reported 15k a week! They are lucky if they bring in crowds of 4-5k (old firm games aside) but they did it to keep up.

You can see why the Glasgow clubs are so desperate to move to England can’t you? Teams like Wolves are shelling out 6m on Steven Fletcher & West Ham made more finishing last than Rangers did winning the league.

Imagine they had the money that the English sides were getting? They survive on revenue from the supporters & more often than not, make a good go in Europe this way. Think of the players they could attract if they were playing in the premiership? The fan base rivals any one of England’s top clubs domestically. It wouldn’t be long before they were challenging for honours.

Scotland only has a population of about 4-5m, London has 18m I think. 75% of that 4-5m is in central Scotland & most of the country support’s one half of the old firm. Even in Aberdeen & Inverness they have ****** Rangers supporters clubs.
I’m probably missing out a lot of the facts, but I think I am close enough. It’s a sad state of affairs that will probably never change. At least we produce the best managers, eh?

P.S
Sorry for the length of this.

Am not really that fused whether or not Rangers get through or not. A team that plays very unattractive football and stick 11 men behind the ball at home games don't deserve to be in the competition, simples.