Status
Not open for further replies.

matranti

Premium
Reaction score
So having finally decided to come back and give FM one last chance to save me from ending my affiliation with the series and take my money elsewhere due to the increasing number of bugs and issues we continue to face I'm going to launch a full career mode with Southampton, running 56 leagues across Europe and South America.

Editor has been disabled, no added files other than official Gibraltar patch, one manager, one team, single player.

Haven't set any targets myself (club is aiming for top half finish) as I just want to find some level of interest in the game again having played since the CM Italia days.

So far I have successfully asked and been given an increased wage and transfer budget (around 13,000,000) as the club fear being out muscled in the transfer market. Though I will add that I asked for this before I attended any meetings, I've found that this 'tactic' seems to work quite well with most clubs, even Mike Ashley throws in an extra 1,800,000 by doing it this way (probably a slight bug).

Anyway, I'm going to shy away from the 'usual' signings that I always make and instead build the team around the current Southampton model so predominantly British though I am going to fight to keep the likes of Shaw, Rodriguez, Ward-Prowse, Lallana, Chambers, Clyne whilst looking to develop youth players. The only big foreign signings we will make are ones that will really add to the team so at present we are in negotiations with River Plate to bring in Eder Alvarez Balanta though we may agree to loan him back for the season. As yet no other signings have been identified, we may look to wait until January and re-assess the squad and aim for an FA Cup run.

Anyway the point in this post is that are there any others that have really struggled to feel attached to this game or anyone who was unhappy but now an advocate of the game? What did you do to maintain the interest in the game? Is it worth turning the game into a story? Does it keep interest of the player playing the game?

Any hints would be great because I really am on my last thread of interest in the game if this season goes wrong or the bugs keep walking over my team sheets.

Last edited:
Been playing football manager since FM06, and this is the first game that i've ran out of patience with, took a break (just under a month, bought a ps4 so that helped stop me from opening the game) started a new save about 3 days ago, and approached it with an enlightened philosophy, remembering its just a game, it doesnt matter if i win, lose or draw or if my team gets relegated etc i'll still be able to have another crack at it..I've been largely successful in the previous FM's but this one has been a struggle (since the 14.3 patch) So now i've realised i was to scared to lose and that i put to much pressure on myself, started a new save, sold half their players brought in my own... disasters bound to strike because the team isn't familiar with one another also trying unusual tactics it's not to bad at present, a buddy of mine has started playing fm 13 again, says he will till 15 comes out...could be worth doing if you still wanna play FM but not that ^^

For me it's been finding a club that has the appropriate level of challenge involved, and interest in accomplishing that challenge. Having spent years doing the usual league 2/conference to Premier league challaneges, this year I have found the most enjoyable task to be breaking the league dominance of the super clubs in leagues such as Germany, Spain and (sigh) Portugal (the hardest of them all). Turning your club into a self-sustainable business model and pushing the board and the team to grow every single day.

Maybe your just not a good football manager

Or perhaps SI have just lost the plot, maybe there was a large change in personnel over the past 24 months. Even when I've been on losing streaks I've never given up on the game regardless of how good I've been.

Maybe I should have enabled the editor to get a glimpse of what the game must be like for you.

Been playing football manager since FM06, and this is the first game that i've ran out of patience with, took a break (just under a month, bought a ps4 so that helped stop me from opening the game) started a new save about 3 days ago, and approached it with an enlightened philosophy, remembering its just a game, it doesnt matter if i win, lose or draw or if my team gets relegated etc i'll still be able to have another crack at it..I've been largely successful in the previous FM's but this one has been a struggle (since the 14.3 patch) So now i've realised i was to scared to lose and that i put to much pressure on myself, started a new save, sold half their players brought in my own... disasters bound to strike because the team isn't familiar with one another also trying unusual tactics it's not to bad at present, a buddy of mine has started playing fm 13 again, says he will till 15 comes out...could be worth doing if you still wanna play FM but not that ^^

Luckily my PS4 saved me from uninstalling the game completely. My only issue with reverting back to a previous edition is that my limited OCD kicks in if players aren't at the clubs they should be at. If this game turns sour I'll just revert to running round aimlessly on FIFA and CoD.

For me it's been finding a club that has the appropriate level of challenge involved, and interest in accomplishing that challenge. Having spent years doing the usual league 2/conference to Premier league challaneges, this year I have found the most enjoyable task to be breaking the league dominance of the super clubs in leagues such as Germany, Spain and (sigh) Portugal (the hardest of them all). Turning your club into a self-sustainable business model and pushing the board and the team to grow every single day.

Any clubs you've been that you've managed to do this? Think there is only one club in Germany that was anywhere near Bayern and Dortmund in terms of having any cash to spend. Spain can be good, especially with classic teams like Atletico and Sevilla. Portugal I imagine to be like Scotland when Rangers and Celtic were the equivalent of FCP and SLB

I wish you all the best mate. I gave FM14 every chance with all patches but none fixed it for me & the direction SI have taken regarding this franchise does not go down well with me. I am playing FM13 now so much fun, enough detail, realism & far less bugs. Plus tactical sliders which i enjoy most. Your right we get more bugs & made to wait so long only to find out few are fixed & we get new ones. I recommend you play a previous version of the game that you liked more. Its not a downgrade as sum say. That is why i went back to FM13 no regrets & i am having fun again. **** some people have gone back to FM12 & that says a lot about. In the end its a game, it should be realistic, fun, balanced & contain enough depth to keep you playing long. FM14 has too much potential wasted, SI could not save the game with patches unless your happy to turn a blind eye & just keep playing. I really do hope you rediscover your love for the game with your last chance

sounds like a frustration thread. Please use the one we already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.