Last pass: How to make your Strikers force to 'death pass'?

Cedillin

Reaction score
Hi all,

Even being a long time user in this forum and havin' read so much stories and player/tactic discussion i've never posted here before.

This year i started my FM career playing with Arsenal and im in trouble. Even generating tons of clear goal chances and shoots, both Aubameyang and Lacazzette are unable to score properly, i've watched last 4-5 matches full-time and i see that the runs into the small area and, instead of make a last pass, they force the shoot and it ends out or in gk hands.

There's any instruction or player skill that made them be more 'generous' inside of the area? It feels so frustrating to play good possession game but they forgot everything inside of the area.

Shoot Less Often and Take More Risks could help.

It's due to the AI.
When you have two players come vs goalie, the one with the ball will almost ALWAYS shoot instead of passing to the player to his side with wide open goal, and in 9/10 times it resoults in a miss.

Why is this?

After watching it happend a lot of times even with PPM to pass instead of shooting i came to the conclution that the graphics you see on screen is just an imaginary visualisation of the situation.

This will explain rather a lot.

even huge misses that look like Shure thing on screen can in the calculations be a less obviouse chance than it looks like.

there is no way a player extensively would always shoot in any situation without selfish traits.

After watching it happend a lot of times even with PPM to pass instead of shooting i came to the conclution that the graphics you see on screen is just an imaginary visualisation of the situation.
No, it isn't.

It's possible to get players to be less selfish, but at the same time, players are a bit too selfish when their individual mentality is ramped up (very attacking team mentality + attack duty etc).

Watch someone like Lollujo and you'll see how many times he gets his players to square the ball etc instead of being selfish or taking a shot into side netting.

Last edited:
WJ, i agree, it is possible, bui even with PPM as in normal life players make bad decissions.
A player that squanders a free goal by beeign selfish will IRL be less likely to do that next time unless he has personality that is selfish.

If you also take into considerations the visualisation i thinkwhat the client presents to us as highlight is not accurate.

I feel the waste amount of situation were say Striker A has dead angle or about and striker b is open for tap in at 45% is way to unrealistic in this game.
Granted on my save Lookman has way more of those compare to partner Wesley i belive the presentatio nis not accurate.

Not even a blind badger would shoot from incredible ****** angles time over and again instead of pass to his partner up front witch has open goal.

i do (as in me not anyone else) feel i have sinked enough hours into this game to recognize a patern witch is not realistic.

In my opinion this is a flaw they can work with.

However does it come at the cost of creating less highlights whom again is what we crave every second of the match, maybe. But i think the way forward is to duplicate realism to the best point possible.