dellboy100

Reaction score
apologies if there is already a thread for this, I searched but could not find one.

does anybody else suffer from a crazy amount of late goals?

5 games in a row I was comfortably wining ad ended up drawing 3-3 on 3 occasions and 2-2 In the other 2 games

im Middlesbrough in my first season, If I stay attacking I concede goals late on, same if I try and control the match, pack the midfield or the defence.

the last goal 99% of the time is from a se piece, no matter how much I focus on set piece defending and tactics (which I suppose is realistic for boro)

luckily my team score a lot of goals so I do win and get these draws so could be worse

Hey, i've been having same problem, but usually with 1 goal leads, I haven't managed to go 2 goals up yet as I am Gillingham haha.
But someone suggested to me, taking close down more off of TIs, and swapping an AMC if you have one to a DMC Anchor

im in a very similar position as you, going for the play offs with 5 games left, just played Watford away who are 3rd, im 4-1 up and controlling the game then all of a sudden they go crazy late on and win 5-4 with the 4 goals coming in the last 18 mins, got to 4-3 I was changing things like closing down less, stick to positions, retain possession and still Watford just come at me, vydra got 4 of them all tap ins, dont know if its just me or going to 5 at the back or 5 in midfield just makes them all useless in a line

]just checked after 41 games im 9th In the league with most goals scored 96 yet the 2nd worst conceded 80 (Rotherham who are bottom have 86)

Last edited: