Laughed at for applying for England job.

AledD

Reaction score
First season at Chelsea I managed to win the Premier League and the FA Cup, as well as get the the Champions Leage semi-final.

In the summer I applied first of all for the GB Olympics team and the press responded by saying my claims "smacked of desperation" and after failing to get past the group stages in the Euros Capello was fired, the same thing happened again except this time it went one further with the FA laughing off my interest.

Seems a little unfair to me. If this situation had happened in real life I imagine I'd have got both jobs.

I had this problem with San Marino (got San Marino Calcio to serie B and laughed at for the manager job of the team ranked 207 in the world). Someone suggested I apply for the u21 job first. It worked, I managed the u21's for a few months then I was seen as the ideal candidate. Try taking over the u19s or u21s

In my current save, the chelsea and newcastle job were available, so I went for both. I got laughed off both, then days later offered the Newcastle job. I took it (obviously) and 2 days later I was offered the Chelsea job. I didnt take it (obviously), but media reports don't mean a thing. The board didnt laugh you off, the media did, what do they know.

I didnt reeeeally read your OP though so if it was the board that laughed you off, burn. Principle probably still applies