Laying new pitches

Raikan007

Reaction score
has anyone asked for a new pitch to be laid and what are the benefits if there are any??

just curios, how do you know your pitch needs to be? if its all muddy on the game engine or 2d match? how much does it cost as well?

cheers...

On the facilities tab, it tells you your pitch condition. If I'm playing with a short passing, possession tactic, then I will relay it if it is below excellent

It's a weird one, on my 20+season playing FM10 I've never needed to have the pitch relayed. Has anyone relayed their pitch and do you have to pay for it? If so how much? Thanks :)

It only really matters in low league games IMO because the stadiums are well, ****. most top flight stadiums have good facilities. There's very little difference between good/very good/perfect pitch condition AFAIK.

When it turns to poor is when the problems start. Stadiums without udersoil heating are more suscpetible to matches getting postponed due to poor pitch condition (waterlogged pitch I think is the usual message) meaning matches are postponed. This is really more common in December/January. This wouldn't be so bad if they weren't rescheduled better but you end up having to play 8or9 games in 14 days. Also you'll see the centre of the park turn to a mudpit (3d engine not sure on 2d). I'm pretty sure passing/dribbling through here is adversely affected, as generally the pass completion rates are a lot lower than what I'm used to (I like to seee 75%+ it was usually 60-65%). I remember having some succes with exploit the flanks shout. If I recall correctly it costs around 200-300K and is done in the off season and even if you don't ask for it the board will do it for you eventually. I also think its done automatically if you own your own stadium and is done under stadium maintenance.

Last edited:
I have asked, it has approved, I don't really notice the difference (I did when I got my team to spanish second echelon, Adelante, I think) but for one thing: now it's relayed every year.

My pitch was relayed on my la cultu story, but only after it got to a condition described as terrible on the info screen. Before that the board had refused.

Artificial grass doesn't get muddy, hence no need to relay. However i've seen mud pits in the game, and it kill the short passing game.

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/4753596/640/4753596.pngSome additional info on relaying a new pitch:

With FM11 i played 2 games sofar. With Feyenoord (wonderful pitch, never had to ask) My 2nd game is Gillingham. I went from league 2 to 1 and right now somewhere in the Championship. Other managers started to complain when i joined league 1. So i redid the pitch when the board finally approved on August 8th in 2011. Completion was at the end of the season in 2012, guess they laid a new piece every day or something :). Then i got promoted and with 12 more games to play in year 2013 (march) they start complaining again, just having the 'grass' just 6 months as you can see in screen left top :) Dunno if it's even wise to spend all that money i wonder

4753253.png
4753596.png

Last edited: