ohembrough747

Reaction score
I'm currently in my 11th season with Chelmsford in the Premier League. I have bought 4 young Cb's with great potential in the last year or so, and they are struggling to play with each other due to language barriers and gelling with the team. I'm trying to give them all playing time and play them every so often in the reserves to give them a chance to get to know how each other's play. My question is: Do Cb's need to be consistently played on the same side of the pitch for best results....I know obviously a left footed CB would ususally play on the left etc.....but does it make a huge difference when players are getting to know each other etc?

Yeah it does. IMO, more so than on any other part of the pitch. Language is one to keep an eye out for, as you say, but check their teamwork stats too.

I have two great CB's right now, but they're teamwork is low (10 and 11 for both) and I do leak goals. I can get away with it I think because I want them to press up high and take the initiative in tackling, rather than keep to a shape and play an offside trap.