Le Thread Français

*Paul*

Reaction score
I've seen the Deutsch (German) thread, which was a great idea. So I thought, why not have a French thread to discuss, practise, ask questions about and help others with French. Mind you, I'm not even at GCSE level French, so I'm no professional.

But I thought this thread could be quite useful, and that there's bound to be many people who can speak (even if it's a few words) of French on this forum.

Commencer la discussion!

Ses 44 minutes depuis huit le 21 Novembre 2011

google Traduire rochers!

Only French I remember from school is:
Obtenez vos seins pour moi... Get your **** out

Ou est la barre?.... Where is the pub?

No need to learn any more french when you know those 2 phrases. :p

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

#winning

[video=youtube;zXpqvf2Xxpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXpqvf2Xxpk[/video]

SACREBLEU! MERDE!

That sums up my French :L

Do any of you know the correct pronunciation of 'oiseau/oiseaux'? I've heard both 'wa-zo', and 'wa-zoo'. The pronunciation websites say 'wa-zoo', but people on forums, music videos and Yahoo answers seem to think it's 'wa-zo'. I know Bordeaux has the same ending, but is it the same pronunciation? And I do seem to remember my French teachers saying 'wa-zoo'. And Hello Kitty says 'wa-zo':

[video=youtube;bv9lrSIDerE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bv9lrSIDerE[/video]

Any French people here? Or at least fluent speakers?

Last edited:
the Quebecois french differ minor-ly to the motherland french :p

btw, Quebecois french is used in Canada only.

Only French I remember from school is:
Obtenez vos seins pour moi... Get your **** out

Ou est la barre?.... Where is the pub?

No need to learn any more french when you know those 2 phrases. :p
Get your **** out will be like "Montre moi tes seins" or something like that. And we said "Ou est le bar?" not "la barre" , it's not the same thing. Just a little french lesson from a french guy ;)

the Quebecois french differ minor-ly to the motherland french :p

btw, Quebecois french is used in Canada only.

I made out with a Quebecoise just over a week ago! Good kissers, funny accent. Like all Francophone girls, she wasn't very faithful to her boyfriend of six years.

I made out with a Quebecoise just over a week ago! Good kissers, funny accent. Like all Francophone girls, she wasn't very faithful to her boyfriend of six years.
Haha, I hope you're not married mate! ;)

Anyway, what annoys me the most out of the French language is the fact that every single verb is irregular! Why not just make it simpler, eh?

Haha, I hope you're not married mate! ;)

Anyway, what annoys me the most out of the French language is the fact that every single verb is irregular! Why not just make it simpler, eh?

I'm not, no.

And the statement in bold is incorrect. Only the most used ones are. It's easier to conquer France than learn French.

I'm not, no.

And the statement in bold is incorrect. Only the most used ones are. It's easier to conquer France than learn French.
It's called exaggeration, mate, of course I know they're not all irregular! The most used ones, like aller, avoir, etre, etc., are and it makes the language helluva lot difficult! :(

English is harder to learn tbh (even though I sucked at French :p)