rehan14

Reaction score
View attachment 959319

Leicester City hire young manager Rehan Maestro!

With Claudio Ranieri stepping down, the Foxes have decided to take a risk in the inexperienced Englishman. Time will tell if this will be a blessing or abomination.

Congratulations Rehan on becoming the new manager of Leicester City. What was your initial reaction when it became official?

Excitement at first. I am extremely fortunate to have this opportunity and am motivated to grasp it.

Will your lack of experience at this level, will it hamper your success especially at this level?

I do not feel that my lack of years at this level should determine how well we do as a club. Our ambition is to progress each season and I am confident that we will do that with the facilities.

What is your target for the first season?

To finish in the top half of the table and have a good domestic cup run.

View attachment 222145

Gary Neville - Sky Sports

It was an interesting press conference at the King Power stadium as Rehan addressed the media for the first time as Leicester manager.
He seemed very comfortable and did not seemed fazed by the questions being asked, specifically towards his inexperience at this level.
As he is completely unknown at this level, I really have no idea what to expect. However, I think it will be a roller-coaster season. So, strap on and hold tight for the ride.

Looks like a good start of a story,
Ill be following.

View attachment 222087

My save has been updated to the 2015/16 interface (sterling @ Man City. Bournemouth in the BPL, etc.)

First thing to process is bringing in the right players and cutting the fat. Had a nice war-chest of about 15m after setting a top-half finish as the goal for the season.

Balanta and Romero are players I always purchase as they become elite. Was very happy to get Joel Campbell on deadline day for that price as I feel he will become a top player for us. Kirchoff is a player that could become useful.

Surprised I was able to get so much for Okazaki.

Formation is my trustee 4-2-1-2-1.

View attachment 222086

Pretty excited about this lineup and very confident about achieving top half target.

Vardy is a player I will look to adopt as cover for any of the 3 amigos at the top.

Let's do this!!!

Last edited:
August 2014

View attachment 222076

Some baptism of fire. Fully outclassed by Chelsea as expected. Than the game against Bournemouth!!!!

View attachment 222069

This game was outrageous and pretty much set up the season in regards to no-hold barred entertainment. We have the attacking potential but the defense scares the **** out of me.

Delighted with the result against Southampton away which gets us 6 points after 3 games which is a great start...

September 2014

View attachment 222071

Settling well into the league now and after 6 games... 3 (W), 2(D), 1(L)... Scoring and conceding for fun though...

Last edited:
October 2014

View attachment 222067

Hard month of away games... The Arsenal game was so unfair (smh)...

View attachment 222065

So close to getting that draw but delighted with the effort from the guys... Almost giving up on keeping clean sheets...

November 2014

View attachment 222066

Stunning month where we get up to 3rd after this month... Mahrez, Campbell and Krimoric start to gel so well together.

8-2-3 after 13 games is way above expectation...

Last edited:
View attachment 222064

Cinderella story so far? The Foxes of course!

There is no doubt that Leicester City have been the talk of the town so far... You get shear excitement when you watch them. Highly offensive and hardly defensive, Maestro has them playing expansively and in a way to really express themselves...

It has been such a breath of fresh air and I hope Rehan can continue this entertainment...

December 2014

View attachment 222061
Seven games in December really stretched the limitations of the squad. 2-2-2 is pretty average but delighted to be in the semi-final of the League cup.

10-4-5 after half of the season and 5th in the league... Still delighted with where we are and the way we are playing.

January 2015

View attachment 222054

One foot in the final, surely... This was just the perfect game where everything clicked into gear.

Vardy and Albrighton dominating despite being bench players.

View attachment 222053

Scraped into the final of the league cup and another unbeaten month in the league which takes us to 2nd which is insane.

13-5-5 and suddenly I am targeting a European position.

Last edited:
February 2015

View attachment 222034

No need to explain... SIMPLY INCREDIBLE!

View attachment 222032

Another superb run in the league but out of the FA CUP. Full focus on the league which keeps us in 2nd as well...

16-6-5 in the league... Perhaps we can dare to dream?

March 2015

View attachment 222031

First piece of silverware and hopefully not the last...

A match that personifies my team. Awesome going forward but poor at the back... Gotta love the foxes!

View attachment 222029

Fantastic performance gets us the cup and a place in Europe. But, I am chasing for a top 4 place now...

19-6-6 gets us TOP but having played a game more than Man Utd.

Last edited:
View attachment 959605

End of season press conference

Rehan, how would you summarize this season?

This is beyond my wildest dreams. I never could had envisaged this, cup and champions league. I want to thank all associated with the club. But, especially the fans who have been amazing all season.

Aims for next year?

Qualify for Europe again! That's all I will say.

View attachment 222019

What an amazing achievement! I must say, I was waiting and waiting for Leicester to crumble.
But, they just kept going at it and have achieved something which will be spoken about for years. The real question here is, what is the target next year?

I for one just cannot wait for next season and see how far the Foxes will go!

Last edited:
This should be interesting,played 7 season with The Foxes,so I'm kinda attached of this team. ;)

Congrats on leading the Foxes to CL! Very unrealistic, Liverpool winning the BPL though. ;)

Congrats on leading the Foxes to CL! Very unrealistic, Liverpool winning the BPL though. ;)

Yeah it's all a bit surreal... I'm even entertaining the idea of winning the league one day lol

View attachment 959953

Pre-season 2015/16 press conference at the King Power stadium.

View attachment 221856

Rehan, with the start of the season so close, how have preparations gone?

I am happy with the general fitness of the squad. They all look sharp and ready to go.

With the stadium expansion plans getting the 'green light', does this set a marker in regards to the ambition of the club?

Absolutely. With our success of last season, we are extremely motivated to become bigger and better. Last season has shown us that we are on the right path to continuous success.

View attachment 221855

The signing of a well established player such as Gregory Van der Wiel suggests that you are not worried about high wages in order to compete?

Gregory cost us just 2.3 million. That is a top quality player for a fraction of his true value. Our wage structure allows flexibility in order to attract top calibre individuals.

With the amazing qualification into the Champions League, how will you balance between the League and Europe?

I have belief in my squad that we will adjust to the demands and perform well in both competitions.

View attachment 221854

With just the one signing of Van der Wiel, I fear that Leicester City will be eaten alive.
It has been well documented that the funds have not been made available to Maestro, thus he will be worried that the team will be left behind before the race has even begun.

If the Foxes do not invest prior to the window closing, I think 8th would be there most likely position and into the 1/4 finals of Europa League after being KO of the group stages in the Champions League.

View attachment 221853

With the lack of funds, really needed to sell and release a lot of fringe players. With all the selling, I really only had 20 players I could trust to perform consistently.

View attachment 221852

With the inclusion of Van der Wiel, really hoped to be more solid in defence. Without sacrificing the attacking prowess which was in full flow last season.

Aiming to qualify for Europe again, Lets go FOXES!!!!!

Last edited:
August 2015

View attachment 221851

Perfect start to the season and a marker to show that last season was not a fluke!

View attachment 221850

Fantastic start to the season which included qualification into the group stages of the Champions League. I have high hopes for the season but we are weak in central defence.

September 2015

View attachment 221849

A terrible start to the champions league. We were 2nd best in everything and thoroughly deserved this spanking. Already an uphill battle after one game.

View attachment 221848

Despite the Shakter result, a very good start to the PL season. Conceding a lot less and playing more as a unit. Van der Wiel has slotted in excellently. Getting the win against PSV was needed, just to show that we can hang with teams in Europe.

Last edited:
October 2015

View attachment 221847

Finally lost in the league after a really good start. Another home win the Europe makes our chances promising. Disappointing to go out so early in the league cup. Perhaps a blessing but still a little annoyed about it. 5-4-1 after 10 games.

November 2015

View attachment 221846

Away in Europe really shows the deficiencies of the squad. Just get battered and deservedly so, Huth gets exposed again and again.
Chelsea are a class apart and already my pick to win the league. 7-4-2 is still a good start which gets us in 6th position.

View attachment 221845

Feels like a 'one hit wonder'

Look, do not be confused. I am a huge fan of Rehan and the way he deploys his tactics to win every game. However, against good opposition away, his team get consistently battered. The problem he has is that the funds have not been given for him to really strengthen.
In January, Maestro must be given the money or Leicester could crumble.