Leading The Fallen - Newcastle United

Peeptm

Reaction score
The Club:

Newcastle United are a English football team based in Newcastle upon Tyne. They play at St James' Park which has a capacity of 52,000. The club has many legendary players, such as Alan Shearer, Jackie Millburn, Kevin Keegan amongst others.

Former Trophies:
UEFA Europa League 1969
1st Division
FA Cup
(No tin pot trophies included)

The Manager:
I'm not going to be using my manager profile for this. The manager for this series shall be Gustavo Jesus Leo Rodriguez. Gustavo was born on the Tenerife Island on the 22nd April 1973 and in a playing career spanning from 1989 - 2013 (24 years) he played for two clubs. In terms of playing style he was a no nonsense centre back, only concerned with first and foremost being rid of the ball. He has preferred not to implement this strategy in his management style and prefers to experiment with tactics. In his youth he supported Newcastle due to his English mother supporting the club and being from the North east of England. His playing and management experience is below:

Playing Career:
1989 - 1991 Real Madrid 30 (1)
1991 - 2013 Tenerife 662 (102)
1991-2012 Spain 104 (10)
Management Career:
2014-2017 Tenerife Under 18s
2017-2018 CD Lugo
2019- Newcastle United

Coaching Badge: Continental Pro Licence
Playing Experience: International Footballer (National Level)
Managerial Focus: Tactician

News Report to follow

Last edited:
IMG_20191030_215623_282.jpg

PremierLeague.com Report

News is coming in around the footballing world that Gustavo Juan Leo Rodriguez has been appointed at Newcastle United. Confirmation is awaited by the club and manager but the rumours are swirling. Steve Bruce handed in his resignation blaming the decision on Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley for his resignation.

Newcastle United Official Statement: "We are pleased to announce the managerial appointment of Gustavo Juan Leo Rodriguez. Following Steve Bruce's resignation this morning Newcastle acted fast to find a replacement and the former Tenerife and Spain legend fits that boat perfectly. He will be free to bring staff in with him as Steve Agnew, Stephen Clemance will both need replacing. "

Will he succeed? Only time can tell.

Pre-Season:

So pre-season began and the first thing I went ahead and did was sack Steve Agnew, Steve Bruce’s assistant and bring in my own. Roberto Carlos was someone I played with at CD Tenerife and I feel his appointment will benefit the club in the long run. Next up was to consider tactics and what we needed so I went with a 4-2-3-1 asymmetric, so basically it’s a traditional back four with a LDM followed by a RCM then a LCAM with a LW and a RW then a RST. So I decided what I needed to fit the tactic so here’s my signings:

Aleksander Mitrovic

Mitrovic was my first signing, for a fee of £22.5m, £10m up front with £12.5m in instalments to be paid over three seasons. I felt we needed to bring in a striker as Joelinton was the only good one and with his performances in real life I was fearful that form would be reciprocated on fm so Mitro came in to provide depth and be our first team striker. He will wear the number 45 shirt just like he did when he played for Newcastle before.

Naci Unuvar
Unuvar was my second signing, a 5* potential youngster from Ajax arriving for £775,000. He’s a 16 year old CAM/LW. He’s a signing on a youth contract, mainly for the youth team, and I’m sure he’ll develop into a great player or perhaps may even be sold on in a few years for a very nice profit.

Rick Van Drongelen
Rick Van Drongelen is a Dutch CB who we signed for £3.5m from Hamburg. He’s currently 20 years old and he has a 3* ability with 4* potential. He fits my system perfectly, rotating with Schar and playing alongside Jamaal Lascelles. Also he was needed, which I’ll make clear why later. He’ll fit right into the team and will be a key player for many years to come and will even develop into a nice profit should we wish to sell hm.

Felix Wiedwald
A bizarre signing here as I needed a backup keeper due to me transfer listing both Karl Darlow and Rob Elliot and Wiedwald was transfer listed so I decided to take a punt on a loan deal for him but I didn’t realise Frankfurt had put a mandatory future fee on it. I then saw it was just £2 so I was like that’s a really good bargain lol.

Jarrod Bowen
I noticed that I played what was essentially a front four so I needed a left footed RW to play as my inside forward. So we paid £17.5m for the Hull winger, with £7.5m being paid up front and for the next two seasons we’ll pay £5m for each season, £10m in total. Jarrod will be a very important player for the coming seasons.

Alessio Andreottola, Chaib Lahmer, Arthur Beauvallet, Matthis Abline
These four were players I found just flicking through the French youth teams and they were snapped up for minimal fees to either be sold on or play in our first teams.

Now we’ll move onto my sales, and be warned there are a fair few of these too lol.

Henri Saivet -> Al Hilal (£3.2m(£4m))
All I’m gonna say is he’s awful and had to go.

Jack Colback -> Swansea (Loan(£1.9m))
Again had to go was awful and we make a small profit on him

Victor Fernandez (Port Vale), Yannick Toure (Stevenage), Matty Longstaff (Bristol City) Loan
Three youngsters gaining match experience out on loan.

Federico Fernandez -> Bournemouth £9m (£11m)
This was a transfer that had to be made, despite how much I rate Fede. I was trying to sell him for weeks, I rejected offers from Everton and Brighton before Bournemouth made a bid that reflected his value, and off he went to the South-West Coast.

Ki Sung Yeung -> Jeonbuk £6.75m
Ki Had to go as well, and I did want to sell, rejected offers from multiple Korean clubs as they were just too low before Ulsan and Jeonbuk both had offers accepted for Ki but he decided to join the latter and in all honesty I’m glad he left for his sake.

Emil Krafth -> Strasbourg (Loan (£8.09m))
So I don’t rate Krafth at all. And I have Manquillo and Yedlin so decided that Krafth in all honesty wasn’t worth keeping around so I shipped him out on loan which costs Strasbourg his wage plus 250k per month and will result hopefully in us making a £3m profit.

Matt Ritchie -> Burnley (Loan(£10.62m))
I love Matt don’t get me wrong but I felt I had better options, and for the cut they’re paying, 300k and his wages, I couldn’t refuse. Also I’m not using LWB and RWB I’m using FB so Matt was basically useless and even if Burnley don’t want him at the end he can get sold on next season.

Christian Atsu -> RB Salzburg £6.25m
I tried selling Atsu all window, no luck. Then the English window closed but the rest of Europe were still open for business and Salzburg offered more than Atsu’s value so I couldn’t really refuse the offer.

Dwight Gayle -> Al Ittihad (Loan)
Gayle wasn’t going to play as I preferred Carroll, Joelinton and Mitrovic to him so he was shipped out on deadline day for the rest of the world to Saudi Arabia and he will return after the loan ends sadly.

I tried selling Muto all window too but nobody offered enough.

Friendlies:
1582408662657_image.png

I’m not going to talk about these in too much detail, mainly because I choose not to manage friendlies, but after the Feyenoord friendly was when I started using my new formation and look at the difference, Muto really shone towards the end of pre season, also I cropped the date out because I’m further than I should be.