Reaction score
In my third season with Grimsby Town (2013/2014) in my first two years I managed back to back promotions, however just about to start the new season in League 1. The team needs a complete overhaul as I can only see 2 or 3 players being able to cut it. I'm aiming to get promoted first time, no messing!

So any recommended players would be a great help!

Bearing in mind I'm on a shoe string budget and can't afford to be splashing out on big wages. I'm looking for bargain players and loans!

Try loaning from Premiership and championship clubs? they usually dont ask for any wage contribution or loan fee for league one teams, you should be able to get a few class acts in. In Terms of buying players, Gary Madine? (lol biased). Have a look at scouting regens and stuff too, from eastern europe they are usually very cheap if you can scout there

haha he is waayyyy out my range! although he is the kind of player i need! I'd been getting a free decent lads from the lower leagues in france but it takes an age finding those players as my scouts are only able to work in england haha! just signed bostock on a free though. a sign of things to come i hope!

Try asking your board to expand your scouting network? If they say yes then your laughing! Any luck with the loans? Try getting a premier league club to be your parent club too, they will give you 1st option on their loanees, and dont ask for contributions. Always a winner when on a tight budget.

Last edited:
Yeah the loans shouldn't be a problem, i had harry kane and benick afobe last season so fingers crossed i should be able to land a couple more gems! the board are diabolical each time they go out looking for a parent club they come back with no interest!

oh no! that sucks! Will they not let you pick your own parent club yet, as you have been there for a while by the sounds of things

Try and find out where Haris Vuckic is, if you can get him on loan he is pretty decent up front, should be plenty of decent free agents by that times as well if you don't mind having some golden oldies in your team!