tjallen900

Reaction score
Is there any advice people can give me for surviving Championship after being promoted from League 1?

I understand it is hard when getting promoted, it just feels like Championship is my kryptonite on every Football Manager game.

I can dominate League 1 and do well in the Premiership (when I get there) but I always struggle with Championship and I dont understand why?

Cause when you get to the Premiership you have a ton of money. Champs don't get all that excess funds. Plus the jump from League 1 to Champs is a little harder, unless you had great players on your team already.

Same problem with me mate. On FM10 I took Bradford to the Prem with 3 consecutive promotions.
In the Championship I always find that an attacking setup against any team at home will be fine and a defensive setup away (obviously not against the smaller teams) will keep you in the league. Also, look for a good few loan signings.
Good Luck :)

Sign Yaya Sanogo as a Target Man. Beast !

make a few good loan and cheap transfers. But dont completely overhaul the squad. If you change too much the buzz of promotion doesnt have as much of an effect

Well in League 1 I had Chris Wood (West Brom) on Loan as well as Fabio Borini (Chelsea). They played really well with my team and helped me win the league. So this season I got Chris Wood on Loan again and got Borini on a free. Got Barazite on loan even though he has been injured. Eidur Gudjohnsen for free and a couple of other players. But after scouting most of the players I can afford or free transfers and loans willing to come to me there are few players which would improve my squad.

I'm guessing you're managing Colchester. I'd just attempt to get as many free transfers as possible. If I go up with Walsall (currently 2nd after 16 games) then any transfer budget I get wont be much use in The Championship, so i'll return it in exchange for an increased wage budget and get some good free transfers in.
It's what I did at the beginning of this season and brought in Koumas, Euell, Carlo Nash & Edgar Davids.