Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Does anyone have any sudgestions as to a good league 2 team who would not be to difficult to win promotion with. I am thinking about trying to do an Eddie Howe and take a small club up and hopefully become succesfull.

Banned
Reaction score
Shrewsbury Port Vale Chesterfield have a bit of money for a challenge Hereford Stockport Barnet And Accy

Banned
Reaction score
hereford is 20k
Shrewsbury is 80k
accrington is 20k
Barnet is 15k

Reaction score
Be hereford...with very few changes such as benedict akwuegbu, iriekpen, chris james, silvio spann...you will be having an easy time. they are predicted 18th with no previous manager so there is little pressure on you, plus..i started a new fm with them lastnight, ive played 18 and im 6th atm...great team to be!

Reaction score
Shrewsbury get an extra 500k for Joe harts appearence in Englands first game after you create a new game.......something to bear in mind

Reaction score
When i decided to go for a challenge, i went for Wycombe Wanderers, got them to championship which was great :O

Reaction score
You don't need to worry too much about transfer budget mate, but wage budget, as you mainly will look at loans or free transfers.

If you want a decent side with a couple of decent young players, try Oxford, i'm currently first with them after 25 games.

Reaction score
Just to let everyone who has contributed to this thread i have gone for Accrington Stanley.