C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\tools\editor
if you installed with steam

good luck with your leagues they sound great :)
wish i could find my editor :'(

Why don't you click my computer, then click search and enter "editor" and it may find it for you. Just a suggestion.:)

thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo much luke :D

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

how do we create leagues?

Mls

Where in editor can you add what teams you want in new league. I was redoing MLS to include new expansion teams. Only see option to pick what leagues you want to use for new league. Can you add individual teams to new league?

I can't wait to create my own league. Got a couple of ideas but I'll wait to get the game before I reveal them ;)

Finished my Revamped English League, it's going through moderation now, should be in the download section soon.

I was? hmm

Approved your file. Did you use my format?

Wow! It's so easy to enable the bottom leagues.

Now, if I get the answer to the other thread I opened and I know if I should keep the relegation positions for the bottom leagues, I will upload the files for spanish enabled up to third division*.

I see the English leagues have been created down to much more depth than just enabled the disabled. Getting it myself.

* The amount of teams elligible for promotion playoffs is restricted to 60 so I couldn't set it right, having to make it so only three top teams can go up entering a 54 team play off, but I may change that to have them instead forming eighteen minileagues of four teams and one leg, perhaps, as it's done (except it's four groups) for promotion from 2B to 2A. Which would you think best?, keep the cup format that requires three victories as in reality (more or less) or keep the first four get the chance even if the process is different?

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:06 PM ----------

Okay, I've uploaded the xml with the third division added. Two flavours as said in the explanation.

I've uploaded to Editors because the other added league file is there and the files are to be extracted into editor data folder.

Perhaps, just perhaps, I might get my hands on creating the Regional Division approximation (there's not enough teams for as many groups as the first layer below Third have and I don't want to create that many teams) but that would come in the future.

Last edited:
hey how do you set up how many leagues you want and what teams into what league.. on mine it just says add club but nothing else about relegation etc etc

made a world league with 6 divisions of 20 teams each plus a cup with all 120 teams, i love it! only prob is players get a 1 match ban for collecting two yellow cards!!! and the national teams seem to be affected, englands team are all different and blacked out =/

hey how do you set up how many leagues you want and what teams into what league.. on mine it just says add club but nothing else about relegation etc etc

If you mean, how many leagues in a country's league system, then you create one and keep on until you've created all divisions you want.

If you mean groups within the same division, as is the spanish 2B, then in a dropdown list you choose "league with subdivisions" then in the corrresponding field you add them. That can be set before during the creation windows, choosing the right radio button.

To add the teams to the new league, if nothing shows to you then I'm betting you can only choose between teams that have not been assigned to a league, and being all them in a league none shows, so you would have to first be removing them from the leagues they're in. I'm doubtful about the possibility to do that from the league where the teams you want to move are, so I guess it's something you have to do looking up the team in the section to look for teams.

When I start to look into making the regional divisions playable for Spain, if I do so, Iwill be taking screenshots of the steps, but that may not be soon.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

The Spain To Third description has been updated, as I could test the "by editor" version, which works, though it seems promotion playoffs pairings are not obvious.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:39 PM ----------

Ehm, Tobe, I think your problem is you have to set the filter, even if it's to not filter pressing enter with the edit field empty, to have the players/teams/competitions/whatever listed. I think that's just your problem.

Btw, I'm close to finish the spanish league complete, until second regional level, though not creating new teams so last level is just six groups. GH Academia has been taken off (not included in any league) as below 2B spanish teams aren't allowed non spanish players and this team is full of brits without spanish second nationality (heh, even the spaniards showed ineligible).

Last edited:
Well I made the Algeria League, Algerian FA Cup, The Egyptian Premier League, EGY FA Cup, EGY Super Cup, The Ghanian Glo Premier League and the Ghana Football Leagues and Ghanian FA Cup, EASY PEASY!!

Last edited:
Uploaded. In the end I included the GH Academy in the sixth group of the Regional Inferior, no reason to take off the player the chance to choose it and face the challenge of having to fully renew the squad.

P.S. -I'm experiencing trouble to send the file. My end of the connection, I'd bet is the cause, so I apologize if you find more than one instance of the upload.

Last edited:
Hey...I'm having a problem with league editing...or not a problem but a doubt.
I'm trying to create a league that contains 2 subdivisions (let's call them sub A and sub B).
My problem is that sub A is from one region and sub B is from another region, but in the parent league the teams from both subdivisions are mixed. So when a season finishes, the teams from the parent league are relegated to the subdivisions but not depending on the region, and I don't know how to make the teams go their subdivisions of origin.
I think some lower divisions in England, Spain and Italy have this system but I don't know how to do it!
Does anyone have any info? Any help is appreciated.

I'm pretty sure I saw region boundaries in the editor, when you go into the specific competitions, for example, if you were to put the English and Italian leagues together like that, you could put an east boundary for the english league as Paris, say, and the same for the western boundary of the Italian league. Tell me if that makes sense!