League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Beta 1 + Facepack

T3chnick

Reaction score
------------------------------------- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Beta 1

I decided to make this project, and finally, after a few months of hard work, I am able to release a Beta version!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Introduction

For the very first time, since the old Championship Manager days, I got bored of always starting with the same teams and same challenges, and eventually stopped playing completely. While I was on holidays, there was a game from 1966 giving on the TV (Portugal – Brazil, with the likes of Eusebio and Pele facing each other) which was delightful to watch, and after this, this movie named League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, starring Sean Connery, started, and here is where everything began. I loved the idea of gathering the best players of each team and stick them all on the same league to face each others and win the ultimate medal and honour. I.E. you can find the best Man Utd squad ever, where you will find Duncan Edwards, Beckham, Cantona, Schmeichel, Bobby Charlton, etc, and you can always buy your favourite player as well, as long as you win competitions and get the money for it!
There was a huge effort on watching videos and reading articles about those players, which has been quite exciting as well, although my wife does not agree with me!

To keep it short and sweet, there are two leagues (1st​ division called League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (12 teams), 2nd​ division called League of Gentlemen (10 teams)), a Cup and a Supercup. Besides that, you also have other cups, like the English Cup, the Manchester Derby, Greater London Derby etc, to keep it interesting, plus you also need to win those cups in order to qualify to other cups, until you reach the Ultimate Cup. You also win a prize every time you win a Cup, so you can buy more players as well.

Every player starts with 18/19 years old, close to their full potential, although they can always get better or worst if you don’t manage them properly. All the teams start with the same money on their bank account. You also have a few extra players, like the old FM prodigies that are starting with 14 years old and will only become world class if you give them chances (a few of them actually start as free agents) and you also have some free agent legends as well, like Billy Wright and Gary Lineker!

As this is insanely balanced, every single tactical twik will count, are you up for the challenge?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Screenshots
Please find some screenshots below:

4xx8.png

0m8q.png

e7dl.png

tas6.png

n13j.png

woha.png

75n5.png

fvd3.png

e1tt.png

9n6.png

r65y.png

igec.png

6984.png

wcl5.png

hhzn.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Criterion

With this “update”, I really do not wish to start any kind of fight like who is actually the best player between x and y etc, so please try not to go that way. Regarding criterions, I took some players as the top, like Maradona, Pele, Yashin, Beckenbauer, which means that not many players should have 20 on dribble, as Maradona was without a doubt one of the bests ever. Besides that, just because a player has the same technical attributes, it doesn’t mean he is just as good, there are the mental attributes that count a lot, and one of them is the consistency!

About the distribution of the players, there were different criterions like which team they started and which team they are passionate about, which explains why Figo and Ronaldo are on Sporting Lisbon i.e., but they can easily be bought by Real or Man Utd respectively.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Notes and Downloads

Along with the data file, you will also find a small Facepack with some of the players (around 200 players) that were added on this change. The config file used also includes most of the Panini pack, so you don’t lose what you already have!

Please note this is just a Beta version, with some work needed. Feel free to download and I hope you enjoy it.
Please copy the content of graphics/faces/ to C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\graphics\faces and then copy the content of DB folder to C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\editor data

When starting a new game, please choose France and Large database, so you can have all the free agents available.

DOWNLOAD Here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Known Bugs

As I am not an editor guru, there are a few bugs or things that can actually be improved, like having to wait 3 years to reach the ultimate cup etc etc, so if someone can actually help with this point, that would be really great.
Also, the reserves league – yes, there is also a reserves league so you can keep your players fresh! – does not include the Italian teams, which I would love to know why!

----------------------------------------------------- Enjoy and let me know what you think!

PS: I realized that one of our mates also released a Legends database. I really do not mean to disrespect you or your work by releasing this project.

Many thanks,
T3chnick

Last edited: