Geneharper

Reaction score
I can't find any threads on this, so apologies if there is one.

I was wondering, how should I go about managing in the lower leagues like League One/Two? What should be my priorities, and how should I spend (or not spend) my money? Are there any significant differences between managing here and in the PL?

Also, I'm desperate to start a file as Crewe, who always provide me with good youngsters in other files. Can anyone provide me with a transfers in/out list? Cheers.

Win;)

Transfers:
Save as much money as you can. I normally get 10ish free transfers at the start of eachseason so that you get more money to buy better players as youre rep increases. Every july i have 10 free transfers in, 3 loans in and 1 or 2 signings. I also have 3 players leave on loan, 8 on free and 5 sold. In jan i normally get players as backup for injurys, weak players etc and sell/realease bad/injured players.

Formation: dont go for anything to fancy: just put youre players where they play best. 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 are the formations i use.

Staff: Every year i sign a new(better) member for each role exept for assistant,every 3 years, and realease an old(worse) member. I like to keep quite a few of the originals for the first few years as they know the players.

Youth:play them as much as you can.

Key players: get a 4 star gk and 2 4 star defenders and 2 4star midfielders. Get 1 4 star striker. Also try and have a young gk, 2 young defenders and midfielders and 2 young strikers.

Attributes: stamina and speed are important for almost every position. Especially strikers.
Get good shot stopping/agility gk.
Get good tackling/strength/speed defenders
Get good strength/passing/creativity central mids
Get good speed/stamina/dribbling wingers
Get good first touch and/or finishing/speed
All should have good work rate and teamwork.

I would however like to point out that this may not be the best/easiest or most efficient way to do it but its how i do it. Hope it helps:)

Wow, you seem to know what you're doing. Thanks. Any recommended players for either league, starting out?

Cant remember their names but there are two amazing strikers on free who will sign for youre club. Ones spanish and the other one is from affrica. Sorry that i cant remember their names. Another is sankeyou or something like that. I have a terrible memory:(

Used a less technically base formation. I use a direct, narrow 442. Sign free players and concentrate on physical stats. It's no good having someone with 16 passing but 3 pace. And in reply to Cai1234, the Spanish one is Pablo Counago I assume???

You can get around 6 loans. If you get a Parent team it's even easier. I was Swindon and their parent team is Man. City. They buy a youngster and than i'll loan him for free. [Parent team isn't necessary]

I'd play whatever formation you want! I play a very weird 4-3-3 with an extra striker instead of a rw and a right wing back instead of a right back and i've absolutely destroyed league 1, even though i thought i'd only finish mid table at best. The right tactics can get you very far!