League swap problems

Smok

Reaction score
I used to play FM2008 a lot and managed to swap all Dutch and Belgian teams, so that the Dutch teams would be playing in the Belgian leagues, which allows lower teams to be promoted. It worked perfectly (Great fun :D)

I tried the same with FM2009 but it did not work!

Does anyone have an idea why it did not work?

What I did is the following: swapped all Dutch and Belgian teams, deleted all histories except last season (2008), adjusted all 'last competitions' and positions, deleted/assigned regional divisions, changed the TLA (three letter abbreviation) of both nations, changed the nations of the leagues, set the nation of each club according.

Any help would be very much appreciated as it has been a really time-consuming and awfully frustrating experience so far...

You have to have the same amount of teams in each league like they were originally
Eg...if dutch league had 20 teams before..it must have 20 teams after uv swapped round the teams
Same with belgian league

Another reason could be because you deleted the histories?

Yeah ok, I took the amount of teams in each league into consideration when swapping. Seems to me that the histories have nothing to do with how the game will run, except for last season's histories, which I preserved and changed where necessary because they are used for cup seeding etc.

The problem is, when I create a new game, all the teams appear in their respective leagues and the fixtures of the competitions are shown on the competition fixture pages, but when you look at a specific team they will have no fixtures apart from friendlies, e.g. I am not able to play any league games...