Logorex

Reaction score
So I'm looking to set up a career in Germany. What countries should I load up as "Playable"? I kinda wanna make Austria and Switzerland playable rather than View Only, since a lot of German clubs pick up players from those countries.
Any thoughts? What leagues do you guys normally set as Playable, aside from the BIG LEAGUES?

Currently have England, Scotland, Norway, Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Croatia, Chech Republic, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico and USA. All with top 2 divisions loaded with the exception of England where I have down to league 2 loaded.

For a career in Germany I'd probably want to include Turkey and Poland too, and possibly Serbia/Croatia as well if your system is a good one.

For my games, I tend to only have the league playable if I intend to move and manage in that country

The big five always with top two divisions. Except England where I also go down to League 2.

then also usually:
Denmark
Sweden
Holland
Belgium
Russia
Portugal
Scotland
Austria
Switzerland
USA

All with top two divisions.

Sometimes I add Brazilian and Argentine top divisions.

I think Austria and Switzerland makes a lot of sense when managing in Germany. I'd also at least add Holland and Belgium.

Generally I go with as many leagues to make the surroundings of the country I start in feel alive and active.

My mate always adds Romania says loads of good regens for cheap pop up...

England premier league to league 2
France - top 2
Germany - top 2
Spain - top 2
Italy - top 2
Holland - top 2
Argentina - top 2
Brazil - top 2
Russia - top 2

I'd recommend a lot of the Eastern European ones, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Serbia etc. I'm playing in the SPL with Berwick Rangers and it's been really handy, there's loads of good regens you can get on tiny wages that really improve the squad if you're not playing in one of the top 5 leagues, presuming you're not one of the biggest clubs.

England - to lvl 11
Usa - to lvl 3 (custom)
Scotland - to lvl 5
Ireland - Lvl 2
N Ire - Lvl 2
Wales - Prem
Italy - Seria B
Spain - La Liga
Belgium - Prem
Holland - Prem

Brazil - lvl 26.

then as i get promoted up brazil i'll reduced that down and add australia, South Africa, Germany etc.

Russian and Ukrainian teams always seem to make big money offers for players

For a career in Germany I'd probably want to include Turkey and Poland too, and possibly Serbia/Croatia as well if your system is a good one.

For my games, I tend to only have the league playable if I intend to move and manage in that country

Ahh, good point. There ARE a lot of good regens from Turkey, and German clubs seem to love buying Turkish play.
I might set Turkey up as View Only though. xD

I pretty much always just have one playable nation loaded, then add in extra players by continent from database options. Even with a newly acquired fast laptop i still prefer doing this as years into a save it will start to drag processing so many leagues and cups.

Top 7 leagues in england
top 4 leagues in scotland
top 2 leagues in Germany, Spain, Italy, holland and France.
Top league in Russia, USA, Portugal, Brazil and Argentina.

I pretty much always just have one playable nation loaded, then add in extra players by continent from database options. Even with a newly acquired fast laptop i still prefer doing this as years into a save it will start to drag processing so many leagues and cups.

Doesn't it get boring not seeing who else wins leagues and all that?
How many years do you manage into the game?

If I set a league to view only, will I still be able to find as many players in that league? Or do I have to set as a playable league to be able to find all players (from 1st team to u18) for that particular league?

Doesn't it get boring not seeing who else wins leagues and all that?
How many years do you manage into the game?
No i don't get bored of FM anyway i play it, i tend to do saves in small nations to try and build that nations league up so don't really matter to me who wins the top leagues and cups.
I tend to do long term hard saves so it varies.