elbonf

Reaction score
Your scouts find a hidden gem of a player at an obscure club. You make an offer and suddenly you get the message that news of your transfer attempt has been leaked to other clubs, suddenly you either lose out to a bigger club or find yourself bidding over the odds.
Anybody know how to prevent this? or is it a random factor programmed into the game code?.

Not much you can do about it TBH. Doesn't affect the transfer in my experience. Just something that pops up now and again.

I could never figure out if you were supposed to go and try and find who the rat was or not. Like is their some player or coach trait that, if low, means that they will become a rat?

It's never affected me having that message. It just seems to pop up sometimes but doesnt actually do anything

I always thought its a player in that position that is unprofessional or other undesirable trait. This behavior really just proves he needs to be replaced. same type as the ones who whinge about too many players in position and/or become concerned, it also may be a very ambitious youngster (also same position)
either way you need to keep the pimp hand strong...